It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
bulging disks caused by a whiplash

I have two bulging disks caused by a whiplash(car accident). All the doctors I have seen include orthophedic surgeon told me I am not for surgery cause they do not do surgery when you have bulging disks. Mine is a minimal and does not cause pressure.

I can tell you I cannot function. Cannot concentrate at all. Cannot work and cannot get disability. Why, do you think there is a solution? ACDF will help me? ARe you better now than before the surgery? What happened to your neck, how were you injured(if you don't mind me asking). What meds are you taking.

I have been taking all the meds in the market. THe only thing that helps is narcotics but I need a high dose to start with 40mg oxycontin and 4mg clonazepam or/and now got back to take dizepam(valium)10mgx2.

Enough with this chronic neck pain. I have been living with it for 5 years. Enough. Nobody understand what it means to suffer like this. The pain is on the left side of my neck. It feels like it is a muscle that is stiff like a stone.

The pain radiate also to all the left side of the neck and sometimes the left side of my head include my ear and no end in sight.

What do you think?

oh I also take gabapentin which is a mild pain killer. better than nothing. At least non addictive.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-10-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Cervical Bulge pain

Nochange... good grief, I'm really sorry to read of all your trouble. When you say that no one understands what it's like to suffer like that, that's just a fact of life. People can't remember pain. They can't even really imagine it. If you were to be completely cured tomorrow, even your memory of the pain would be nothing compared to the reality of it.

As for bulging disks, that's what ACDF is for. A bulging disk can't cause trouble if it has been removed. If your disk problems are minimal, and do not impact the spinal cord, then maybe they are not what's causing the pain. The docs don't want to operate to fix something that isn't really broken, perhaps?. That leaves the question of what the real problem is, and that I am certainly unqualified to answer. I hope you continue to fight, and continue to seek information, and eventually find a solution!!

Back to Cowsrock's original post, "a bulge at C3 and C4" is so vague as to require further detail. We don't even know if what's bulging are disks. Could be bulging bone (osteophytes) or even bulging (hypertrophied) ligaments.

I guess she's going to get more info on the 7th. I hope she goes to someone who won't recommend waiting, or pt, or traction, because it sounds like she needs an operation asap, assuming the problem is operable.

Last edited by WebDozer; 07-05-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

webdozer, thanks for your answer. you sound like you know a lot about neck pain.
NO doctor can tell me an answer why I am in pain. What could it be? it has been a whiplash what I had.

Do you have any idea?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-10-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
(female)

cowsrock HB User

I have two buldges and am having phiso seen the Othopedic team twice now, they say they want to make sure that they try everything before they would do surgary but yes it is possable thats my only path, my docter had put up my meds toPregabalin 75mg but it has made me ill, so now they are looking to see what else to give me that Im not sencetive to.

Keep pushing my pain started after a fall in 2006 I knew there was more wrong with me we know are own bodys, just takes time to get the powers that be to see this.

All the best to you chin up, you will get there.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-10-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Closed Thread