It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
(male)

nareshkc03 HB User
MRI of Dorso-lumbar spine,, Please help !!!!

Hi, I've been working on laptop from past 8 years and now started pain in my neck and lower back. I did MRI and shown it to many doctors, most of them told me that I don't have any disease. But I'm still suffering from back pain and neck pain.

I've stated below the impression of my MRI report. Request you to suggest me on the same.

================ Report Impression ================

The L1-L2 disc reveals small focal right paracentral protrusion into the L2 vertebral body and anterior epidural space indenting the thecal sac without significant nerve root compression

Mild posterior annular bulge of L3-L4 disc is noted without any nerve root compression

Multilevel schmorlís nodes are noted from L2-s1 level.

Screening of the rest of spine reveals minimal posterior annular bulge of c4-c5, c5-c6 discs without any neural compression.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: MRI of Dorso-lumbar spine,, Please help !!!!

There's nothing in that MRI that would be causing neck pain, at least not the way the radiologist describes it.

Most - but not all - Schmorl's nodes are asymptomatic. If they were causing pain, I would expect that pain to be at the exact location of the nodes themselves. That is, you wouldn't experience referred pain as you would with a compromised spinal cord or nerve root. The bulge at L1-2 COULD be causing pain at that location but, once again, should not be causing referred pain because it is not compromising nerves.

As usual, just my amateur opinions....

Last edited by WebDozer; 10-21-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, mri report interpretation, neck pain, spinal cord problem