It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
(female)

robalina HB User
Unhappy Nerve Damage in S2, S3, S4

Hello,
There are not a lot of people that understand what I am going through. I had a surgery in 2008 in which the surgeon made a terrible mistake. While she stitched during the Hysterectomy she sewed into my spinal cord in th siatic region and permaitly damaged S2, S3, & S4. It has been a difficult 2.5 years. I live on pain medication and still have pain in my left upper leg and left saddle. I left Kaiser after it happened and switched to a Sutter Doctor. This Sutter Dr. wont make any changes to my medication and just fills it as is. I know I am tolerent of the Morphine that I am on. I am depressed and tired of my bowel/bladder issues and pain issues. Does anyone out there understand where I am and can you tell me what you have done to get through your battle and new life after damage.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Nerve Damage in S2, S3, S4

I'd like to suggest that you talk to Heartbrokenn...she posted a thread entitled "C1-2 contusion...advice/help" down the page a bit. Her cord was also injured by a needle being stuck into it. You can exchange info and what has helped or hurt and sites that have info, if any exist.

I'm sorry this hurts and hope you have a good malpractice lawyer helping you. Sloppy docs need to pay.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
(female)

Modo HB User
Re: Nerve Damage in S2, S3, S4

I have some of the same issues but from a different surgery mishap. The pain is constant and the meds are the only way I get thru. The numbness in my bladder/rectum are just terribly hard to deal with, not to mention my sex organs, they only work one one side! Life is tough but I keep praying for a miracle and healing.

Closed Thread

Tags
chronic pain, nerve damage, neuro stimulator, pain management