It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

glad I found u HB User
c5c6 c6c7 t11t12 L1L2

New to forum. Help with mri cervical region moderately promonate disco osteophytic complex at c5c6 centrally causing some moderate compression of the thecal sac. Less prominent similar finding at c6c7 where there is bilateral foraminal narrowing. Thoracic and lumbosacral region small central and slightly left sided disc herniation at t11t12 but not causing significant compression of thecal sac. Some mild narrowing with some decreased signal and mild disc bulging at l1l2 disc due to degenerative disc changes.

Severe constant headaches, pain shooting down left arm and tingling in middle 3 fingers. Pain in both shoulders. Pain around both shoulder blades. Deep ache down back. Pain at mid back that seems to take breath away at times. Pain in left buttock and sown leg. Off work and seeing pain clinic and physio. Gabapentin, tramadol and endocdet

Need interpretation of mri

I wasnt sure if I should post here or under back problems so have posted under both. Thanks for your help

Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: c5c6 c6c7 t11t12 L1L2

Take another look at your MRI reports. It seems that you posted a very summarized version. Either that, or the radiologist gave you lousy reports. If the former, and you post the full report, there may well be something there that needs further attention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

glad I found u HB User
c5c6 prestige disc

Hi, I am back. Things have gotten steadily worse over the last year. Pain, balance off, severe headaches. Spine surgeon is booking me for an ADR. He will Install an artificial disc made by prestige. Any folks out there with this disc. Different than fusion as does not cause stress on lower discs. Better movement post surgery. Not sure if this type is used in USA but here inCanada it is quickly gaining ground. The surgeon I have has done more of these than any other Canadian docs. I feel very confidant but would love to share stories.

Last edited by glad I found u; 02-04-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
(female)

glad I found u HB User
c5c6 prestige disc

I forgot to mention that the doctor showed me my most recent mri. The spine has narrowed to a dangerous level. He says if I fall again ( have fallen several times, twice down a flight of stairs - and yes I was sober lol) that I stand a chance of paralysis. He said I have cervical myelopathy. Would really like to hear from folks with a similar story.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: c5c6 prestige disc

Pretty much everyone here has "cervical myelopathy". It's much too broad and vague a term. Falling down stairs (twice), though is quite a danger sign.

Last edited by WebDozer; 02-06-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
(female)

glad I found u HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
Pretty much everyone here has "cervical myelopathy". It's much too broad and vague a term. Falling down stairs (twice), though is quite a danger sign.
That was his concern. Also dealing with incontinence issues. I can no longer walk heel to toe - too shakey, dropping things all of the time. No fun but great doc. Waiting period here is 18 months but he is putting me on the priority list.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

fmgal HB User

Dear glad I found u, I knew when I read your first post that you were worse off than what you said about your MRI report. I also have had issues with falling, balance, dropping things, etc. I don't know anyone with an artificial disc and don't know anything about a prestige disc, but are you only getting one? Where are they putting it because it sounds like your issues are in more than one place? I would be very interested in knowing if this surgery helps all of your aforementioned issues. Please keep us updated about your progress, etc. What kind of surgeon is doing your procedure? Here in the US there has been an issue and now a lawsuit about some kind of procedure using an artifical disc. I can't remember the name of it, but I know it's not called Prestige. Anyway, God Bless and if you have time, I would appreciate an answer to my questions as I am curious about this. Thanks - Denise

Last edited by fmgal; 02-08-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
(female)

glad I found u HB User

Hi,
He is only doing the most pressing area right now ( pun intended) . The lower area has actually settled down from being off work. The thoracic area is narrowing but not to the degree where surgery is required. This is new in the U SA but my doc has been down giving talks.

It really makes sense to me over fusion, if yor surgeon has experience. I'll keep this post updated. Long waiting list so may be awhile. Great not to have to pay for it here in Canada, but waiting lists for everything are horrendous.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

fmgal HB User

I'm sure it's wonderful not to have to pay. The U.S. Government could probably learn a few things from Canada about health care issues. We have quite a mess here in the good ole USA. I am double insured and was still told that if I went to a Laser Hospital and had laser surgery I would still be out of pocket over $20,000! That is because Laser hospitals don't "contract" with any insurance companies. If they were to accept a contract they would have to accept the insurance company's "allowable charge and they wouldn't be paid as much money. Laser surgery is fairly new and there aren't many surgeons trained to do laser, so I guess they can do what they want and to hell with those of us who cannot afford it! We just get to stay in pain or resort to fusions. I've already had a double fusion and it didn't relieve my pain. Why would I want to have another?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
(female)

rockenmama HB Userrockenmama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glad I found u View Post
Hi,
He is only doing the most pressing area right now ( pun intended) . The lower area has actually settled down from being off work. The thoracic area is narrowing but not to the degree where surgery is required. This is new in the U SA but my doc has been down giving talks.

It really makes sense to me over fusion, if yor surgeon has experience. I'll keep this post updated. Long waiting list so may be awhile. Great not to have to pay for it here in Canada, but waiting lists for everything are horrendous.
doubt the lower region is causing the issue's your dealing with anyways (though I'm no expert) I had a level 2 ACDF on c5c6 and c6c7 . I fell twice within a week in Julyand due to the first fall things progressed really fast. Found out in early November that I had 2 bad discs that were compressing my spinal cord and that my cervical myelopathy was pretty bad. I think because my symptoms progressed so fast when they found out what the cause was they wanted to do surgery ASAP. Unfortunatley for me I had other issue's which delayed my surgery (couldn't get medical clearance due to them) Hopefully you won't have to wait long!

Pam

Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

fmgal HB User

I know this sounds stupid, but I've seen the abbreviation "ACDF" throughout all of the threads I've read and I do not know what this means! Is it an abbreviation for some kind of disc fusion?

Last edited by fmgal; 02-13-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #12
(female)

rockenmama HB Userrockenmama HB User

Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion

Last edited by Administrator; 03-05-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
(female)

glad I found u HB User

Artificial disc replacement (ADR), or total disc replacement (TDR), is a type of arthroplasty.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

fmgal HB User

Thank you guys!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
(female)

glad I found u HB User
Re: c5c6 c6c7 t11t12 L1L2

Booked for surgery c5c6 artificial disk and shoulder surgery for complete tear of rotator cuff and shoulder impingement. Says may not help headaches and pain but will stop progression. There is a long waiting list for surgery but he has placed me on priority. 18 months is the wait list. Shoulder surgery will follow c5c6 surgery. Two different surgeons. One is ortho who does spines exclusively. The other is a regular ortho doc.

Closed Thread