It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

ariz4me HB Userariz4me HB Userariz4me HB Userariz4me HB Userariz4me HB User
Advice for Posterior Incision

I am 16 weeks post op from my posterior c3-t2 laminectomy, formanotomy & fusions. Lately I've noticed raised bumps along the top sides of my incision. My husband says that they resemble enlarged hard pimples. Sometimes they itch but most of the time , when I bend my neck back they feel as if they're sticking me. I have noticed that several more are growing along the back of the incision. Has anyone had something similar happen to them?

Any advice would be terrific. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
(male)

Chitown2012 HB User
Re: Advice for Posterior Incision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariz4me View Post
I am 16 weeks post op from my posterior c3-t2 laminectomy, formanotomy & fusions. Lately I've noticed raised bumps along the top sides of my incision. My husband says that they resemble enlarged hard pimples. Sometimes they itch but most of the time , when I bend my neck back they feel as if they're sticking me. I have noticed that several more are growing along the back of the incision. Has anyone had something similar happen to them?

Any advice would be terrific. Thanks!
ow, Just saw this post. I'm have my posterior Cervical laminectomy from C3 through C7, with fusion from C3 through T2. My fusion is rods and screws. Where uis your laminectomy vs the fusion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

That could be hair follicles trying to grow back in the skin at the edge of the incision or even in the incision. We do have hair on our backs!

I remember how itchy my scar was and to this day, it itches with an tags on my shirts. I've kept my hair short too as even that makes it itch. The left side of the scar is numb for about 2 inches but the right side has feeling right up the edge of the scar.

But I agree...those back of the neck scars...ITCH!

If any of the bumps seems to fester up like a pimple, check it out with your primary doc....could be an ingrown hair follicle.

Jenny (mine is about 8" long from just above the base of the skull in my hair down to the shoulder blades).

Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
That could be hair follicles trying to grow back in the skin at the edge of the incision or even in the incision. We do have hair on our backs!

I remember how itchy my scar was and to this day, it itches with an tags on my shirts. I've kept my hair short too as even that makes it itch. The left side of the scar is numb for about 2 inches but the right side has feeling right up the edge of the scar.

If any of the bumps seems to fester up like a pimple, check it out with your primary doc....could be an ingrown hair follicle.

Jenny (mine is about 8" long from just above the base of the skull in my hair down to the shoulder blades).

Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post

I return to the doctor in a couple of weeks. When there, I'll have it checked out but it sure does itch and I've got a few more growing along the incision. Everything else seems to be healing fine . Thank God!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
(female)

Hi,
Yes, like you I have rods & screws. I just returned from the Carribean and felt terrific the whole time I was in the sun & warm air. Now back in the cold, the spasms have returned and so has the muscle weakness. I'm praying for a quick Spring! I'm thankful that the surgery is behind me and I'm slowly getting better. All the best to you . Please feel free to ask questions. I like the support everyone provides you in this forum.

The following user gives a hug of support to ariz4me:
Chitown2012 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
(female)

Hi,
Yes, like you I have rods & screws. I just returned from the Carribean and felt terrific the whole time I was in the sun & warm air. Now back in the cold, the spasms have returned and so has the muscle weakness. I'm praying for a quick Spring! I'm thankful that the surgery is behind me and I'm slowly getting better. All the best to you . Please feel free to ask questions. I like the support everyone provides you in this forum.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
(male)

Chitown2012 HB User

ariz4me: I'm only coming to 4 weeks out and haven't noticed anything like that. Please keep us posted...Praying all goes well for you....

Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
(male)

Chitown2012 HB User

Hi ariz4me:

My wife's 2cents is the bumps my be scar tissue??? Gee I feel like we are kindred spirits with the C3 -T2 Laminectomy with fusion rods and screws. My concern is with my initial left hand weakness an the postoperative right arm weakness is being able to get into the workforce. Currently I'm unemployed from the IT field and have been bringing in some money by professionally filming weddings for major studios. I'm hoping the right arm is the temporary postoperative C5 thing and that it will get back to normal soon. It seem like we're twins as for the laminectomy however I still have forminal narrowing the NS did not take of yet. I see the NS on March 1st and plan on asking her about that issue. Everyone here has been of sooooo much help, and is much appreciated...... Praying for your complete healing..... Sincerely, John

Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
(female)

Thanks for all your suggestions. In addition to the itching, I now have a pins & needles feeling along both sides of my incision. The spasms make it feel worse. I am so worried that something is wrong but my husband is telling me that all is well. I see the doc this upcoming week & hopefully he'll put my mind at ease.
Has anyone else had these types of feelings? How do you know if there is something wrong with the fusion?

The following user gives a hug of support to ariz4me:
Chitown2012 (03-02-2012)
Closed Thread