It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
(male)

Chitown2012 HB User
Posterior Cervical Laminectomy - Postoperative Dizzeness

Hello All:

I pray all on the board are doing ok, your in my prayers. This morning while in bed I changed position from prone on my back to on my side. When I did this feat I noticed that I felt extremely dizzy, the room was spinning for about 10 to 15 seconds. Then tonight when I laid down in bed to do exercises, the same thing happened. Could it be that when I am changing positions my neck brace is putting pressure on certain nerves? I should mention that my neck brace may be a bit on the loose side when in bed otherwise I feel like I'm being strangled. I'm almost 8 weeks out of my Posterior Cervical Laminectomy, with fusion/screws/rods on levels C3 through T2. I appreciate any and all responses.

The following user gives a hug of support to Chitown2012:
kenzibenzi (03-26-2012)
Old 03-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
(female)

ariz4me HB Userariz4me HB Userariz4me HB Userariz4me HB Userariz4me HB User
Re: Posterior Cervical Laminectomy - Postoperative Dizzeness

I had dizziness too early on. I found that as my neck stabilized, it got better. I still occasionally get it but it's usually due to me turning my head quickly or moving a certain way.

The following user gives a hug of support to ariz4me:
Chitown2012 (03-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ariz4me For This Useful Post:
Chitown2012 (03-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User

I don't know anything about that, but am very sorry you're having a hard time. Have you had to wear the collar since the day of surgery? And what kind of exercises are you doing in bed? I realize you probably can't do exercises standing up, that's why I asked. I do hope you're feeling better tonight ~hugs, Kenzi.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
(male)

Chitown2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzibenzi View Post
I don't know anything about that, but am very sorry you're having a hard time. Have you had to wear the collar since the day of surgery? And what kind of exercises are you doing in bed? I realize you probably can't do exercises standing up, that's why I asked. I do hope you're feeling better tonight ~hugs, Kenzi.
Kenzie,
I've been in a hard collar since my feb 1 laminectomy. I am in the collar for another 5 weeks or 12weeks total. The dizziness just seems to have happened when i'm in certain positions. Mainly during the lying down or getting up process. I'm seeing neurosurgeon in a couple days and am having follow up X-rays. The exercises I do are to help strengthen my postoperative right upper arm C5 palsy which seems to be getting better".... I hope all is well with you!

The following user gives a hug of support to Chitown2012:
ariz4me (03-27-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
cervical fusion post op, laminectomy, laminectomy & fusion