It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

bigtmckin1 HB User
I Need help with MRI results of my cervical spine, having a lot of symptoms

Hi group,

I am a Fireman and I used to work out regularly until I started having neuro issues: Please help

I have been experincing many neurological problems such as

-numbness all over body, (feet and hands most prevalent)
-unbalance problems
-tingling
-muscle spasms, twitches
-Vertigo and dizziness induced by exercise
-Fatigue
-and many other symptoms

I have been to UCLA, UCI and Mayo Clinic Arizona with only a diagnoses of mild peripheral neuropathy. I can't seem to get a doc to interpet my MRI of my neck.

C3-4 There is generalized annular disc bulging and posterior osteophyte formation asymmetrical to the right. This results in effacement of the ventral aspect of the subarachnoid space on the right. There is uncovertebral spurring present on the right resulting in mild to moderate narrowing demonstrated of the nerual foramen on the right.

I am hoping someone can shed light into if the aformentioned issues can be a result of my cervical spine issues.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Tom

Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
(female)

crazy di HB Usercrazy di HB Usercrazy di HB User
Re: I Need help with MRI results of my cervical spine, having a lot of symptoms

Hi bic mac, narrowing i had and the spurs i had neck surgery on c3-4 c4-5. Took all symptoms away. I would get a second opionion. Also have you seen a neoerosurgeon? If u make appt w a neuro he most likely will b able to interpret your mri for you. Surgery is your last option all the time, but you have alot of neoro symptoms that should'nt b taken lightly.your neorosurgeon might want to order a milogram to see any possible nerve impingment. A milogram is taking a small amount of spinal fluid out and inserting dye into that space. They then will ct you after. This will show everything. I've had 5 back surgeries and have been threw all these tests. Some cts and mris did'nt show anything.keep asking questions push push push till you get an answer. Hope you feel better. I hope this helps you. 3rd and 4th opinions until you find the answer. Prayers to you love crazy di

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

Bigt... I really don't see much connection between your MRI (as interpreted by the radiologist, at any rate) and your symptoms.

You do have a bit of a problem on the right side at C3-4, where a disk bulge (and associated bone spur formation) has pushed into the spinal canal and pushed away ("effaced") the fluid that's in front (ventral aspect) of the spinal cord. No mention of any flattening or indentation of the cord, though. Doesn't seem to be a current problem, but may well develop into one.

The opening where the C4 nerve heads out to your right shoulder and arm is somewhat compromised by bone spurring, but the radiologist doesn't seem to think it's problematic ("mild to moderate" but not "severe").

So my slightly-educated-amateur opinion is that the cervical spinal issues MAY explain several of your symptoms (right-side only, though), others would seem to have a completely different origin. They SEEM to be more systemic in nature (e.g. fatigue, dizziness).

I certainly agree, though, that you should get an opinion from a good spinal surgeon. It is not at all uncommon that the surgeon disagrees substantially with the radiologist's interpretation of the images.

Last edited by WebDozer; 04-11-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
(male)

bigtmckin1 HB User

Awesome, thank you very much for sharing your experience and help. I have seen neuro's, but not a neuro surgeon. I am searching for answers because I have so many symptoms and the docs can't find anything. Again, thank you

Last edited by bigtmckin1; 04-11-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
(female)

crazy di HB Usercrazy di HB Usercrazy di HB User
Wink Re: I Need help with MRI results of my cervical spine, having a lot of symptoms

Hey mac let me know how it goes ok? Good luck prayers to you crazy di

Closed Thread