It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #46
(female)

NJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB User
Re: Concerned due to Not a good candidate for surgery

I just ordered new pillows, and from what read and understand they are specifically made to keep your cervical vertebra in alignment. The inventor claims that the reason people don't get the proper night's sleep is because regular pillows don't keep your cervical nerves and vertebra in the proper position, which causes us to continually wake up. I haven't gotten my pillows yet, should be delivered today. I bought one for myself, my husband, and my two children. I'm hoping and praying they do what they say they will do; otherwise, they will be returned. There is a 60 day money back guarantee, so we'll see, keeping my fingers crossed. Even with the sleep meds and the muscle relaxers, I still wake up every couple of hours. My pain management doc just added another med that is suppose to help me stay asleep. Hopefully the combination of meds and pillow will help. I haven't gotten a good 8 hours sleep in years. My husband has an issue everytime he lays down, his left arm goes numb. He's got bad discs, but not bad enough for surgery, I'm hoping this pillow helps him. He also has sleep apnea, which this pillow is suppose to help....we'll see. If it works, I'll let you all know.

The following user gives a hug of support to NJ Ldy:
sandiemas (04-27-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Concerned due to Not a good candidate for surgery

O yes, so many people had same answer... This happens when problems with our spine are age related. They cant change the nature; our spinal changes start as early as age 25 and nothing can be done about it. My mother wishes she could have her surgery due to terrible pain she lives in, problem walking, sleeping, etc. But she is also not a candidate despite all damages of the spine and even nerves...
My dear friend at age 54 was told same thing: even if we go in, same problems will start all over again and worse, since every surgery has it's own complications as we all know.
And my poor husband was told same thing: not a candidate, we cant help you, do your PT, walk, stretch, go to support groups and... learn to live with it. And if something gets broken - than you can come to fix it.

Sad, but reality of our lives unfortunately.

Best of luck to you dear and less pain
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread