It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
(female)

menyou HB User
pain in right shoulder blade down to right hand

My pain is in my right shoulder blade and down right arm 2 right hand, and I'm right handed so found it very difficult and the pain is undescribable..docs sent 4 physio my shoulder was playing up was given some exercises 2 do she sed seems like got weak shoulder muscles but after doing exercises a couple of times i made it worse i was in so much pain and gradually started down my arm went 2 docs and gave me strong naproxen and cocodamol i didnt know wether it felt better holding it up or down i put it in a scarf like sling but didnt know if that helped either only lying down on a heatbag helped it relax as soon as i went 2 get up it started as if it was all dropping and falling forward..so lay back down again(all this time not being able 2 work) but week later still the same back 2 docs and she sed my muscle is spasming and gave some diazepam so fingers crossed.. so another 2 weeks off work(which is doing my head in)this is just over a week now...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-25-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Please start a new thread to ask your own questions. Reference to old thread removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
(female)

jenny65 HB User
Smile Re: Left Shoulder Blade/Neck/Arm Pain! What's going on??

Sorry to hear that your shoulder and arm is playing up. I found out that it was my nerve in my neck. I had an operation over 2 years ago on C5, C6 and C7 in the back of my neck. I wish I could say I felt better when I am worse off now. My index finger hurts now which never did before the OP, still have pain in my shoulder, down my arm to my index finger and it is because of the nerve in my neck. I am on more meds now than before the OP. I have been told that it might take 2 years to heal up by itself and 2 years have pasted. So I don't think it will get any better at my end. I haven't worked for over 2 years. I can't over do things it starts hurting. It was the first and last time I am having an OP again. So I hope you don't have what I had. I just thought I had a sore shoulder because that was where the pain was. I wish you the best of luck and let me know who you get on with your pain. Hope you feel better soon Jenny xx

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-25-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
(female)

menyou HB User
Re: Left Shoulder Blade/Neck/Arm Pain! What's going on??

oh dear thats not good hope u get it sorted....but i not lying down all the time 2 relieve it cos thats all i can do..fed up not even had an xray 2 make sure(even my work has asked no xray?) im going 2 a physiotherapist connected 2 my work and see what he advises so good luck 2 u ...gina x

Old 04-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
(female)

NJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB UserNJ Ldy HB User

I'm fused from C2-T1, prior to my surgeries, one of my major symptoms was pain with numbness and tingling in my left shoulder blade which radiated down into my arm and fingers. My husband would try and massage the area, and he could feel what was like a baseball sized knot in my shoulderblade, as soon as he would touch that area, I would shoot off the chair, it was so painful. I got relief after my first surgery where they fused C4-C7, then it came back, just not as bad. I just had surgery in January and was fused at C7-T1, that's when I finally got most of my relief. I still have some pain, but that may alleviate as I progress in my healing.

Just thought my situation would be helpful.

The following user gives a hug of support to NJ Ldy:
kenzibenzi (04-27-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
(female)

menyou HB User

hiya well i went hospital because ive had enough of it now and see if another doctor could shed more light on it and because i mentioned that i had a heaviness in my front right adjacent 2 my shoulder blade i had an ecg which they said showed some sort of damage like a very very mild heartattack which wouldnt have even felt so had blood tests which came back as number 3 which is good so said may have 2 stay in couple of days and was there all day in so much pain with arm and shoulder hubby went back home 2 get my diazepam cos could feel it starting 2 spasm,asking 4 quite a while 4 some painkillers in the end (an hour later)i took my own lower strength then she came 2 give them me,but i must say they were very good doctors and nurses just prob very understaffed then had 2 have blood tests again 4hrs later which came back as 3 so not raised thank god ,more concerned and sorting out my heart instead of dealing with the problem i went in with(i know heart is important) then i eventually saw a doc 4 my arm and shoulder but by that time was in so much pain with it because all i can do 2 relax is lie down and not being able 2 all day esulted in lots of pain so i just couldnt get my words out 4 crying,but she was very good and also then saw a doctor a ver good doctor and was allowed home thank god,some just didnt get medication when i needed it and i was so angry with them 4 that it seems 2 be passed around 2 too many different docs and nurses before u get sorted. i hope you get feeling better with yours soon xx gina

The following user gives a hug of support to menyou:
SweetPeainSF (04-30-2012)
Closed Thread