It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
(male)

VinG HB UserVinG HB UserVinG HB UserVinG HB User
Angry Frustrated!!!

I'm planning to go back to work on Monday. But, I am still bleeding, a lot, from my incision. The suture was left in too long, and I had to go the ER on saturday...fever, puss, blood. No fever now, but a lot of blood this morning. VNS is coming by soon to look at it. 4 1/2 weeks post op and pain started back in mid back of neck. impatient and frustrated. I think I need to reign in my expectations.

- Vin

Last edited by VinG; 06-15-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo

The following user gives a hug of support to VinG:
kenzibenzi (06-15-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Frustrated!!!

I'm so sorry, Vin. Sounds like it could be a wound infection.....those can be tough to get rid of.

And you were doing so well!

gentle hugs..........Jenny

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
VinG (06-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User

Vin I'm thinking of you. This really sucks after all the progress you were making. Did they give you some antibiotics? I do hope this passes quickly. Let us know how things turn out. I hope you're able to return to work like you planned. And do let us know about the neck pain, hopefully it's just from frustration. ~Hugs, Kenzi.

The Following User Says Thank You to kenzibenzi For This Useful Post:
VinG (06-15-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
(male)

VinG HB UserVinG HB UserVinG HB UserVinG HB User

It's a hematoma that keeps leaking through a small hole in the middle of the incision...I guess where one of the drains was. No infection, which is great. So, the VNS put a new dressing on it until Sunday, and left me with supplies. After a visit from the nurse, and a couple of percocets, I feel like a new man. I think my neck was hurting from the stress, as that is where my stress always goes. I think I need to meditate, or have a glass of whine...

Thanks for listening (reading).

- Vin

The following user gives a hug of support to VinG:
kenzibenzi (06-15-2012)
Old 06-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
(female)

verity HB User

vin...... do both !

verity

The Following User Says Thank You to verity For This Useful Post:
kenzibenzi (06-16-2012)