It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

Bambino Bear HB UserBambino Bear HB User
Question Cervical ESI

Hello all! Virgin poster.

I am having a cervival ESI done on 6/20/12 to help with my spinal stenosis. I am scared and anxious about having this procedure. I know that the results differ with each person, but I was hoping that someone might be able to share their story as it results to getting the steroid shots. Thank you so much for your time.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Bambino Bear
kenzibenzi (06-16-2012), Orlandohot (06-16-2012)
Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
Re: Cervical ESI

I've never had one, but do hope yours goes fine! I hope it brings you some relief. Good luck, and let us know how it goes and if you get any relief. ~Kenzi.

The following user gives a hug of support to kenzibenzi:
Bambino Bear (06-18-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to kenzibenzi For This Useful Post:
Bambino Bear (06-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

They tried to do one on me but it was too painful(sorry to say)so the doc pulled out.

Turns out this is a sign that the area is too compressed and needs surgery instead. And that was what I had.

Here's to hoping yours goes well and you can avoid surgery...it's a good sign if they can do one safely.

Jenny(fused C3 to T1)

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
Bambino Bear (06-16-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
(male)

Orlandohot HB UserOrlandohot HB UserOrlandohot HB User

I'll try to remember to let you know. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow at 9AM. I already have ACDF C4-C7 and all that's irritating the right nerve from shoulder to finger tips. This is my only choice to avoid yet another ACDF. Had to break out the pills today cause I've been off steroids for a week and feel much worse pain wise so got my fingers crossed and if I forget to get back to you, good luck!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Orlandohot:
The Following User Says Thank You to Orlandohot For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
(female)

Best wishes! Please let me know how it goes.

The following user gives a hug of support to Bambino Bear:
Orlandohot (06-18-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bambino Bear For This Useful Post:
Orlandohot (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
(male)

Just got back, went smooth as silk. No worries. Don't let the message boards scare you, I was up all darn night for no good reason. Whole procedure took 15 minutes and I didn't even know when they started or finished. Should be 2 or 3 days for it to sink in then will know for sure but I have very high hopes. Have another scheduled for July 2nd and doctor say he's only doing two, doesn't feel a need for three at all.
Ray

Bambino Bear (06-19-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User

That's GREAT news! So happy to hear it went well. It's nice to hear something turned out good, rather than all the bad things we hear. So happy for you. I hope it does it's job for you. ~Kenzi.

The Following User Says Thank You to kenzibenzi For This Useful Post:
Orlandohot (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
(male)

12 hours later..... I must react very well to steroids or happy pills(wasn't taking them until yesterday) because I'm already feeling relief, pain level went from 6-7 this morning to 3-4 and almost nil when laying down.

Most pain I have now is point of entry for ESI but you put ice pack on it 20 Min's and done. I'm still taking Vicodin 10/650 once every 8 hours for now....they said not to stop just yet.

I don't like taking pain meds they do not allow me to perform at work at all. I am a financial controller so I can't afford to be spaced out. Back in 2009 was on oxycodone and caught myself enjoying it, 3 months after surgery I had to go to Sweden for work and dried out for a few weeks under care of employer.

I prefer a high pain threshold over pills as if I am honest with myself the pills do NOTHING to stop nerve pain, they just make you "forget about it" for a while. That's just me.

I'm going to work in morning and will give an update in the evening.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orlandohot For This Useful Post:
Bambino Bear (06-19-2012), kenzibenzi (06-18-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
(female)

I am so glad that the shot helped you!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I am still nervous lol but I am also hopeful.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
(female)

Also, I hear you about the pain meds. The crazy thing is, I don't even take them as often as the dosage recommends. I can't go to work on them. I work in a litigations office and like you said I can't be fuzzy. So for now I am on FMLA as the pain has gotten to the "I can't function" point. So keep your fingers crossed for me on Wednesday!

The following user gives a hug of support to Bambino Bear:
Orlandohot (06-20-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #11
(male)

I had my work done at Florida Hospital Orlando, they used live x-ray and were done before I knew they started...like a whole 15 minutes. Dr says that if he has to give a 3rd injection he'd prefer that surgery was option so he's only going to do 2 for me and belive it or not now 24 hours later no pain in arms, have headache from the injection which should go away. I hope your results are instant and the same as mine so far!!
Ray

Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
(female)

Thanks! I hope so too. I will update tomorrow after the shot and let ya'll know how it goes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bambino Bear For This Useful Post:
Orlandohot (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
(male)

My update... today I am 100% pain free, I'm having just a few muscle spasms in right elbow and that's it. No pain from ESI entry either, did not take one single pill today. I did think about taking a xanax just because I am so hyper, have a craving for chocolate and everything taste sweet to me...I can live with that...now the test...how long will it last?

Ray

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Orlandohot
Bambino Bear (06-19-2012), kenzibenzi (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
(female)

I am so happy for you!!!

Old 06-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
(male)

Now stop worring, get some sleep and I hope it works for you too.
Ray

Bambino Bear (06-20-2012)
Closed Thread