It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

julesgian HB User
Chronic Neck Spasms after acdf

This is in response to a closed thread. My gosh! I thought I was the only one enduring this same thing. I had c4/5-c5/6 fused 2010. I am have constant neck spasms...on the right side mainly. There is a huge knot the size of a goose egg at the base of my neck but my whole neck hurts, is stiff sometimes these weird deep hard pinches. There are certain activities I know make it worse. Driving, laundry, jutting my chin out etc...sometimes it can be something random. I have not pursued help as diligently as I should. I walk on the treadmill 2 miles about 4 times a week, and use skelaxin...which works okay when it's built up in my system but then causes depression and heart palpitations. For pain I use arthritis strength tylenol at night because it's time released I use three but your only supposed to take 2..I'm afraid I'm going to blow my liver so I only use it at night so I can hopefully sleep. I take ibuprofen 3-4 times a day. I really try to limit the meds as much as possible because I am concerned about the long term effects but I'm to the point that I really could care less because the pain has just worn me out. Prednisone is the one thing that helps a lot and that is what I am going to push for this week. I still use a collar quite a bit. I usually sleep in a soft collar and use my old Miami J when I'm trying to do some chores. I'm going at the end of this month back to the neurosurgeon...my thing is it seems like basically everyone just writes you off. I got the same response. The surgery was a success...don't know what to tell you about the neck pain. It is having a detrimental effect on my marriage and we have an 8yr old daughter. I'm frustrated and at my wits end with the whole thing. I'm just trying to do everything I can think of stretches, posture..I ordered a posture support to help me pull back my shoulders., eat healthy...I haven't tried massage..my insurance doesn't cover it either but I'm trying to get on a more proactive stance here. Pain has a way of motivating you to do that. If anyone has any input...ultrasound treatments, physical therapy, anything that has helped please throw it my way so I can bring it up to the doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread