It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

marcee HB Usermarcee HB User
Please help feeling blood pounding back of neck

It's been awhile since I have posted on this board but i have been having a sensation that has been happening every once in awhile and thought I would ask if anyone else has ever had this happen to them?

What is happening is that I seem to feel the blood pounding in the back of my neck. It last for just about a minute or so then subsides. I've checked my blood pressure during these episodes and it is a little elevated 140/88 but then it quickly goes down to normal when the pounding slows down and then goes away all together.

A little history, I have 3 herniated discs in my neck,cervical spondylosis and levoscoliosis so even though I take pain meds, I always have pain in my neck which never goes away completely. So I was thinking maybe my DDD is perhaps getting worse and this is an indication that it is? Also I've noticed that my forearm down to my hand and fingers are going numb an tingly but mostly when I lay down in the same position for awhile. When I change position, the numbness/tingliing goes away.

Also, I am in the process of being scheduled for a total thyroidectomy soon and so I am kinda worried about this blood surging/pounding sensation and the fact that it is in the back of my neck right under the base of my skull.

I would really appreciate any help wiith what this might be.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by marcee; 07-21-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
(female)

Lynnpac HB User
Re: Please help feeling blood pounding back of neck

Are you sure it's not a muscle spasm?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
(female)

No, at least I don't believe so.

Muscle spasms have been my constant companion from when this all started. This is something that is entirely new and different. It is as if I can feel my blood intensely surging from the back of my neck up to the base of my skull in rhythym with my heart beat.

Kind of like a very bad toothache that you feel your pulse pressure beating through the nerves in your tooth only this is in the back of my neck and up to skull. It is hard to describe but very very frightening when it happens.

I don't know what this is but it is a brand new symptom of something new going on.

I'm hoping someone has heard of this before and can give me an idea of what it is and what is causing it.

Thankyou.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
(female)

I guess no one has ever heard of this before?

I researched on the internet and it seems other people experincing somewhat similar symptoms aren't having any better luck than I am in discovering what this is.

At least I'm not alone.

Closed Thread