It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

Eneth HB User
Dizziness with bulged discs?

I'm 24 yrs old and have 3 bulged discs in my neck from a car accident when I was 15. I believe they're in c2-c3, c4-c5- c5-c6 if I remember correctly, could be wrong. All are around 1-2mm. Past few days I've had a lot of tension in my neck and head, and feel like lightheaded and dizzy I guess you could say,pressure around my eyes, don't really know how else to explain it. Light is very sensitive to me also. I'm thinking Light sensitivity may be from a medicine I take, but not sure. Anyone else have dizziness or lightheaded from bulged discs, is this possible? Been going on a few days with the increased neck tension. Gonna follow up with my dr, but have an anxiety disorder too so it's really scaring me. Happened a few weeks ago also for one day only. Got scared and went to ER cause it was weekend my dr was closed. They did a cat scan and blood work and said I just had vertigo, didn't see anything wrong, and gave me some meds. Medicine didn't do much that they gave me, only made me more drowsy. Is it possible for my neck injury to be doing this?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
(male)

cb12 HB User
Re: Dizziness with bulged discs?

You are not crazy. I spent two years with terrible vertigo from a bad chiropractic neck treatment. Similar to yours with muscle tension, light sensitivity, I also had inner ear pressure and tinnitus.

Best relief came from my Neurologist who took some botox and injected it in my facial and neck muscles to cut down the tension. I also got an rx for Betahistine, a European drug for vertigo that seems to help as well.

Hope this helps. Remember, don't do anything rash like chiropractic or surgery. Gentle massage and muscle relaxers might be an easy first step. I found that using two travel neck pillows stacked on top of each other immobilized my head and lets my neck relax bringing quick relief as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread