It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
(male)

PhilipDixon HB User
Compression Fracture, 2 Months Out

As I read more of these posts I seem to be realizing the possible severity of my injury, and long term affects, so I appreciate any feedback.

I suffered a compression fracture of my T6 2 months ago from a mountain bike accident. I was in the hospital for two days, but surgery was not recommended as I apparently 'only' lost about 25% of the height of the T6. I am in Quito, Ecuador, so the care can be questionable, however I believe I have a good trama/ surgery guy that I have been checking in with recently. But the lady who sold me the corset in the hospital (back brace) that I have been waring for the past three months was incompetent, as she didnt know how to correctly fit the brace, and I was waring it incorrectly for 2 weeks. I think this, combined with the pull-ups and push-ups and whatnot that I did in the first few weeks (I didnt know better!!) have compounded the problem, but I have been good about using the brace recently, and I just want to know what I CAN do...

The pain has not really improved, I have trouble sleeping through the night and in the morning it hurts, but then when I start the day, it usually does not bother me.

I am going to find a good PT person here I hope, but any advice about this is much appreciated...what I can do, what other's experiences have been about recovery time - I have been told that I will be back to 100% in the next two months with no pain --I hope so!! (incidentally, my brother suffered a similar injury a few years ago - but fractured 3 vertebre, and now he is 100% with no pain in the area -- so there is HOPE!!)

THANKS much in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, back pain exercises., compression fracture