It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User
Painfull lumbar steriod injection l5-s1-s2

Haven't been here for a while ,need some help ,I went today for steroid injection for chronic back pain, for some months I've had some tender spots on my lower back and tail bone (lumbar spinal stenosis) I've had prior injections with no problems just a little pain from the needle going in, but this time it was the worst pain that I ever felt in my life,second only to natural child birth , I was screaming bloody murder and the doctor kept saying where is it hurting, I though it was a trick question so I said nothing , only a few minutes but seemed like an hour, I told him it didn't hurt like this the last time and he said well this is a different way of doing it now, I could feel him going into the tailbone and I guess there was some inflamation there and he hit a sore spot , I could feel the medication going in and that's what was causing the pain (i guess), I am scheduled to go in 2 weeks to get the same thing in the neck, I won't go unless they put me under, does anyone know about cervical injections? they told me not to eat or drink five hours prior to surgery, anyway I am done with lumbar injections ,I'd rather have the surgery ,any help would be greaty appreciated and thanks

Closed Thread