It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
(female)

sailorchik HB User
MRI results... bulging discs, facet disease, hemangioma vertebral body, OUCH

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read / respond to this question!
i have been having multiple areas of pain which have been increasing in severity for the last few months. Eventually, the pain was so bad that even with Ambien, Klonopin, etc, I do not get more than a couple hours sleep a night. Primary sent me to a rheumatologist who said I have fibromyalgia. All I can say is, glad I pressed on... Was referred to another doc who did MRIs of my cervical and lumbar spine, also gave me a trigger point injection in my hip for Piriformis syndrome, which helped a little. I'm scheduled for nerve conduction testing next week.
Got the results of my MRI but unfortunately was having a VERY bad day due to pain, so really couldn't wrap my head around what my doc was saying. Could someone please help me try to make sense of what this report shows? I very much appreciate your time and effort. Here are the results, will include only abnormal findingsl
Lumbar Spine MRI:
-Benign hemangioma incidentally noted in the T12 vertebral body. conus terminates at the L1/L2 level, signal on distal cord itself is WNL.
-L3/L4 mild disc desiccation and narrowing with tiny broad based disc bulge without significant stenosis
-L4/L5 small broad based disc bulge, mild bilateral facet arthropathy with minimal spinal stenosis and no significant foraminal narrowing

Cervical Spine MRI:
-C3/4: there is small midline disc protrusion with effacement of the anterior CSF space but only minimal spinal stenosis, no foraminal narrowing
-C4/5: spondylosis and bilateral uncovertebral hypertrophy cause mild spinal and bilateral foraminal narrowing
-C5/6spondylosis and bilateral uncovertebral and facet arthropathy cause mild spinal stenosis and bilateral foraminal narrowing
-C6-7: spondylosis and uncovertebral hypertrophy cause mild spinal stenosis and bilateral foraminal narrowing
-Impression is cervical spondylosis with multifocal spinal and bilateral foraminal narrowing
......OK! concerned about bulging discs, incidental finding of benign hemangioma T12 (will need to do T spine MRI now), facet disease, stenosis and foraminal narrowing.
I have adequate meds for pain and muscle spasm. I wish to defer surgical consult until I know more. Am seeing a great electrodiagnostic and sports med physician. I was just too exhausted from lack of sleep and pain to figure this MRI out. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: MRI results...bulging discs, facet disease, hemangioma vertebral body, OUCH

<< mild spinal stenosis and bilateral foraminal narrowing >>

It sure would help to know what he meant here. Is "mild" supposed to apply to the foraminal narrowing as well as the spinal stenosis, or is he applying no adjective at all to the foraminal narrowing?

Closed Thread