It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
(female)

Jazzmine1212 HB User
Neck pain stiffness for 9 months -normal MRI but now have arm hand pain

I'm so frustrated and I hope I can get some answers here. I've been having neck pain and stiffness for 9 months now. I'm in my mid 30's and have always been healthy. I had no accident and never felt like I did anything to my neck. The pain started one day and has not gone. I have my good and bad days, but it's pretty stiff too...depends on the day...if its good or bad neck day. I've tried cervical pillows, have gotten two MRI's in the 9 month period, but it came back normal. I had a lupus test, arthritis test a physical and it's all normal. I have been to two physicsl therapist. I felt temporary releif for about an hour or two where I felt I was able to move better and more in my neck. I'm on pt number 3 now and this guy is supposed to be really good. He said I had tight neck muscles especially on the right and I've seen him twice now. The last visit I felt great after and was able to move my neck without problems and felt almost normal again, but it lasted only an hour or two. The next day was a good day too not 100% but better. Now today I felt like crap and feel horrible...so much that I am having bad arm and thumb pain ..my arm and hands feel numb sometimes too. The MRIs both showed a couple of very small neck bulges but they were not pressing the spinal cord and all the different doctors I went to said the same thing that if was pretty normal and nothing serious going on. What is then going on with me? Anyone know I hate this! The last MRI was done 3 months ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

Drmetler HB User
Re: Neck pain stiffness for 9 months -normal MRI but now have arm hand pain

I have almost an identical story! Same age, not sure how pain started, howev thinking poetical as I constantly drive and do computer work for a living. The pain started 10 months ago-I had an MRI showed same as yours, slight buldge but not interfering with spinal column. I have been to 2 different PTs and2 different chiros. Thought initially they were working but unfortunately nothing stuck. I feel like know one can figure my situation out, as to why the pain isn't going away. This is so frustrating!! I have two little kids and work full time and this pain mAkes me irritable and is depressing. Please let me know if you make any progress. Best of luck to you!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Neck pain stiffness for 9 months -normal MRI but now have arm hand pain

What, specifically, did your MRI's say about the C5-6 level?

Closed Thread