It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

mistreated68 HB User
Unhappy Face and neck tingles

I am a normally healthy 44 yo, don't smoke or drink. Over the past few years, have had some weird symptoms my doc wasn't sure were related. I have all over body cramps--toes, top of feet, back, hands, fingers, muscles along my rib cage. In the past two months, and it is getting worse, my face, lips, scalp has started to go numb and tingle. My shoulders hurt and I get tingling sensations from my shoulders (both) to my elbows/wrist and down my left leg. MRI came back clear except for "minimal annular bulging" at C4-5 and C 5-6 which, from my research, may be the cause of the shoulder arm issues but NOT my face.

But also, I have had periods of dizziness and nystagmus, mild tremors a few times in my hand, and mild muscle spasms. I don't have any muscle weakness that would indicate MS but based on my other symptoms, I am very concerned.

My doctor ordered a brain scan asking for an MS protocol and Sagittal FLAIR, so obviously he suspects MS as well.

Other than MS and shingles (which I know I don't have), are there any other things that can cause the face/scalp tingling? It is getting worse each day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Face and neck tingles

Does not sound in any way related to spinal issues. A "minimal annular bulge" is probably harmless. In fact, whatever your problem may be, at least you seem to have a very healthy cervical spine, for a 44-year-old.

Why don't you try your question on the MS board?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread