It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

Nittany168 HB UserNittany168 HB UserNittany168 HB User
Surgery canceled

So my 3 level ACDF surgery that was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon has been canceled. During the EKG last week, they saw "something", so now I need a stress test. The cardiologist recommended a nuclear stress test because of neuropathy I lose my balance easily. Of course the insurance company decided at the VERY LAST MINUTE that the cheaper treadmill test was good enough!!! UGH!!! My surgeons assistant tried all morning to find someone to do the test. Oh well. I was sooooo ready, had my bag packed, had my house all ready, had a pedicure yesterday ( figured I wouldn't see my feet for a while). Poop!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Nittany168:
June89 (08-27-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Surgery canceled

Sorry to hear this

So what is the game plan now? Have they scheduled the stress test? Hopefully that will come out fine and you can get going on the surgery in the next few weeks!...

Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilovemycutedog For This Useful Post:
Nittany168 (08-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User

I think if your doctor feels the nuclear stress test is the route to go because you have balance issues he needs to address the insurance company on this. I too have balance issues etc and I go thru the nuclear stress test over the treadmill. I think the doctors office needs to really go to bat for you. If you have balance issues the treadmill can cause more harm if you lose your balance while doing the test. I would tell your doctors office they really need to step up to the plate on this and go to battle with the insurance company.

Sorry to hear about the cancelation at the last minute but it is better to be safe then sorry and see if there is anything to be concerned about in the EKG. It may turn out to be nothing but it should be checked out nevertheless
Good luck

Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
(female)

Nittany168 HB UserNittany168 HB UserNittany168 HB User

Thanks for letting me vent. I was told that the test should be scheduled this week, then once I have cardiac clearance, then they will schedule the surgery. Hopefully this time i can get the surgery scheduled for the morning.

Closed Thread