It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

Nittany168 HB UserNittany168 HB UserNittany168 HB User
Leg problems

All of a sudden I'm having diffuculty moving my legs. No pain, except for the tingling/buzzing in my legs. I've had that for a long time.

I hope this is just a muscle problem, and not from my neck/back problems.

I have my neck MRI posted somewhere here, bur not my back. So I'll post the back.

L5-S1 small central disk protrusion. No evidence of spinal stenosis. Neural foraminais unremarkable.

L4-S there is a broad-based disk bulging demonstrated. There is a lateral disk protrusion demonstrated in the region of the left neural formen, possibly impinging on the exiting left L4 nerve root.

I hope this goes away. Should I be worried?? All help is appreciated. I don't want to over react. I know if I go to the walkin clinic, they will just tell me to go see my ortho dr.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Leg problems

If your leg problems were due to anything from the lumbar MRI, they would only be on the left side. Also, I'd expect other symptoms, like pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

I only have pain on the left side if I try and bend over for more than a couple of seconds. I
Like if I try and pull weeds in the garden, horrible. I also have pain if I sit for more than a few minutes. I've trained myself to avoid the things that cause pain, because I'll pay for it for day's later. This is different, I can't make it feel better. I was hoping it would be gone when I woke up. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

There's a fair amount online about L4 problems and how to self-treat. One thing I found:

""Never bend over and twist simultaneously when you have a bulging or herniated disc with nerve pain. It can exacerbate your injury""

I'd see a doc who can prescribe physical therapy....

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
(female)

Thank you Webdozer. I found out the hard way not to bend and twist. I was cleaning out the filters on my pool equipment. That caused about a three week pain-a-thon. I did have a steroid injection on my lower back a few weeks ago. I don't think it helped too much, maybe a week.

I'm going to have a three level ACDF soon, so I have to work on that, then address my lower back problem. Getting older isn't a lot of fun. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
(female)

Thank you Webdozer. I found out the hard way not to bend and twist. I was cleaning out the filters on my pool equipment. That caused about a three week pain-a-thon. I did have a steroid injection on my lower back a few weeks ago. I don't think it helped too much, maybe a week.

I'm going to have a three level ACDF soon, so I have to work on that, then address my lower back problem. Getting older isn't a lot of fun. Thanks for the help.

Closed Thread