It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Maybe you can help me???

Since June 5,2012 I have had severe pain in my T7-T8 region, they did xrays and said my spine looked perfect and that seems to be fine with them. I had a neck ct showing significant spasms, I have yet to get my pcd to order an MRI, I am in so much pain I can hardly function! This is so hard with 3 kids 2 are babies. My spine is sore to touch, clothes and my hair hurt! If someone touches that spot while I'm standing my legs give out involuntarily, if I'm sitting or laying down my stomach spasms violently. The spot feels like an opened wound or like when you first pinch a nerve in your neck... It's hot then cold and it tingles, feels like there should be a mark or something protruding from that spot but it looks normal. I have major chest pain (heart problems ruled out) pins and needles in my left arm hand and both feet. My neck has pinched nerves everywhere and the front of my neck hurts pretty bad, at points it seems like I will have a rib that swells and then it goes back down. My jaw aches and I clench my teeth a lot! My low back hurts mildly and my hips hurt mildly... I just don't know what to do, doc keeps calling it anxiety and tells me to take cymbalta but with the pain I'm in and the sore spot I know that's not what it is... If anything I'm anxious because of my unexplained pain. Anyone have this type of pain and what was it? Thanks so much for your help! Xoxo

Old 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
(female)

mpelle HB User
Re: Maybe you can help me???

Hi Bookietrip
I just recently had cervical spine surgery.During the last two years I have experience tingling in both my left and right hand,numbness that ran down both arms,burning in my buttocks, feet, pelvic area and lower back. In addition to this I had pins and needles in my stomach while walking, I no longer could dance..I use to bellydance but because of the creeping crawling feeling that would start whenever I tried to use any of my motor skills, I had to stop. I had hot and cold sensations in my feet and knees..My fine motor skills such as writing my name,zipping up my jeans or anything that involved use of my hands became a problem as well as everyday life. In other words my social life became obsolete and I felt terrible And if it were not for a woman I worked with,with whom I shared my symptoms with, I would never have heard of Neurontin.she encourged my to seek medical advice that lead to MRI's of both my cervical and lumber spine which the doctors discovered many problems involving my spine. Although all my symptoms are not the same as yours, I would think,and please see your doctor,you may have a form of nerve damage. Neurotin has helped me greatly.It helped with my nerve pain,the sensations i was feeling and it helped me sleep at night. Talk to your doctor.

The Following User Says Thank You to mpelle For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (09-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User
Re: Maybe you can help me???

Thank you! Did you have just an MRI or did they do Xrays first? If they did do Xrays did anything show up? I had an Xray but nothing showed on it... Now Im scared to get an MRI because I know my bones looked okay... freaking out about a spinal cord problem! My pain today is a 14 on a 0-10 scale! I think stressing over what could be happening is making things worse... and it just rained! Im so dizzy lately I can hardly function. Thank you so much for your reply. My doctor gave me Gabapentin and Cymbalta... they gear toward fibromyalgia because so far all tests are fine. I do not know how I am fine with all of these problems and the sever spinal pain for over 3 mos. I have had no trauma to the area but I too used to dance, I wonder if it messed me up? Thanks again!

Closed Thread