It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User
Can anyone really die from pain?

Do you ever feel that your pain is so bad that you will go to sleep onetime and just never wake up? Just wondering if severe chronic pain with no other influence can acrually kill you...

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Can anyone really die from pain?

I have never heard of anyone dying strictly from pain, but it sure is enough to make you miserable enough to feel like that. I am so sorry for all the pain you are experiencing. Do you have any pain management medication or treatments? What have your doctors done to help you deal with all this?

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
sandiemas (11-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
I have never heard of anyone dying strictly from pain, but it sure is enough to make you miserable enough to feel like that. I am so sorry for all the pain you are experiencing. Do you have any pain management medication or treatments? What have your doctors done to help you deal with all this?
No, just having a moment...lol That is why the 'no other influence' comment. I figure pain will come and go and yes cause depression. But as long as you can't actually die from it sooner or later you have to get use to it, have it go away, or your body will grow accustom. I am waiting for any or all of the above to happen. I didn't mean to sound depressing or desperate, so sorry to sound that way

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

No apologies are necessary...I too suffer from chronic pain and I understand how it can take the life out of you at times. It is only if you allow it to take over your life can it become life threatening. You sound as if you are full of fight and life. Over the years that I have suffered from the pain, I have learned to live with it, and around it. In my house, when I am feeling great, watch out! I take those moments on with vengeance and get every bit of pleasure and enjoyment I can while I am not in pain. When I am in pain, I am reflective and try to still gain some sense of understanding and learn more about myself. Life is a mystery that we all have to try and solve for ourselves.

I am happy that you spoke out when you needed to vent your frustrations and fears. We are always here for that.

Best to you...
Janet

Closed Thread