It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

sakier HB User
Cervical spine herniation

Hi....

Back in february I was diagnosed with 4 cervical disc herniations. from C2-C6. It seems like C5-C6 is the worse. Pain was unreal. I was on strong pain med for a couple of weeks. I stopped taking the meds as they were reacting pretty bad on me. the pain finally started going away after some therapy, exercises, etc. My Shoulder remained painful, but nonetheless, the absence of extreme pain allowed me to go back to work. It took 6 weeks before I could start going back at my client site (i worked from home when the pain allowed me to. I/m an IT consultant). Periodically I get the pain back, pretty bad, but nothing like the original pain. I get on Advils to alleviate the inflamation. it goes away after a couple of weeks, but the shoulder sting is always there.
My Question, will this ever go away? I had 2 similar cases in the past. One around 17 years ago, but it went away after cortisone shots. It repeated around 14 years ago, and again went away after a visit to the emergency room....I got some kind of shot, but a mild numbness in my left index and thumb remained. I never had pain again for 14 years since.....
Sould I have gotten the same cortisone shots I recevied the first time?

Closed Thread

Tags
cervical, cervical disc, neck