It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

kman HB User
Help With Xray

I have bee suffering the last few months with some tough headaches and neck pain. After being misdiagnosed with migraines, tension headaches, labyrithitis, tinnitus etc etc.. Have have CT scans and MRI performed on my head and sinuses all finding were normal.

Finally i went to the Doc and said we NEED to get my neck checked, my headaches all seem to start at the base of my skull then travel up around my head as it gets worse.

Well, the first step is an XRAY. The results came back and this is the reading:
Posterior ridging was evident at the C5-C6 level along with narrowing
of the right neuroforamen at the C5-C6 level.

I can turn my head right to left or up and down and get all sorts of crazy crackling noises. Like the sound rice crispies make. So I been thinking (with the help of google) that i might have some sort of arthritis in my neck.

Can anyone tell me what this means? Waiting for my doc to get back to me drives me crazy. I assume an MRI is next on the list, i think there are deeper problems here.

Last edited by kman; 10-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Help With Xray

X-ray is a rather dull tool. Foraminal narrowing can be serious or benign. You would need an MRI to find out. Any symptoms in your right shoulder/arm/hand (thumb)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread