It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
(male)

Jay67 HB User
Severe spinal cord compression at C2-3 with disc extrusion. Anyone?

Hi folks,

After 6 years of a "possible MS" diagnosis, someone thought to do an MRI of my entire spine, and the subject line tells you the most severe thing they found. I guess I'm pretty scared regarding the possible progression of what can happen. I've had urinary retention problems, weakness in the legs, falls, numbness and tingling in my face, some wavy vision...at any rate. It scares me that this is up so high in my spine. I have DDD at T6, 7, and 8, as well as "moderate spinal cord compression" at C5-6. I'm only 45 years old. Is it inevitable that this is surgical? It sounds dramatic, but I'm terrified this will paralyze me... Anyone have this experience with C2-C3?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
(male)

Jay67 HB User
Re: Severe spinal cord compression at C2-3 with disc extrusion. Anyone?

P.S. The neurologist is saying that C2-3 stenosis/spinal cord compression can mimic some of the symptoms of MS exactly, so it sounds like they are ruling out MS and chalking up the 2 lesions in my brain to the usual lesions that 80% of people get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

Sure sounds like you need surgery, in fact, needed it years ago. C1-2 is the most important level for cervical range of motion. Losing one of the other levels should not matter very much.

What do the surgeons (note the plural) say?

Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
(male)

575needles HB User

i am sorry to read about what you are going through, but know this , you are not alone, i was first fused from c-2 to c-4 and now c-2 to c-6 from 2 separate surgeries, range of motion has its limits and your nerves will let you know where, it is very important to listen to your body, as far as your limitations, i now have C-1 and C-7 bulging, these are the only two pivot points my neck has left, i have been using my upper body to turn and look at things, but i guess not enough, my neuro said," this will probably not get rid of your pain, however any kind of cord compression can cause severe and permanent nerve and spinal cord damage, it must be fused" the pain is unbearable , i know, a pain management DR, is going to be a part of your life, i wish you the best possible care, and a full recovery,with a painfree life, keep in touch, 575needles

Last edited by 575needles; 10-26-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: spell check

Closed Thread