It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Cervical MRI

Hi all. I am going to see a NEW pain managment doctor next week. I was asked to bring my last MRI with me. I have the films and the report.

Here is what the MRI states. I wanted your opinions on what the findings are;

FINDINGS:

There is postoperative changes status post anterior cervical fusion from C3 to C5. There is bilateral Harrington Rods in the cervicothoracic spine. There has been resection of the posterior elements at all levels sparing C2. Study is degraded by susceptiblity artifact from the fusion hardware and Harrington Rods.

There is focal T2 bright cord signal alteration seen within the right aspect of the cervical cord at the C4-C5 level. There is focal cord atrophy and subtle increased cord signal alteration at the C6-C7 level. Findings are likely related to cord myelomalacia. The crater cervical junction is normal.

Cervical vertebral body heigh and alignment are normal.

Discs: Fusion C3-C5. Moderate to severe disc space loss at the remaining cervical and upper thoracic levels sparing C2-C3. Uncovertebral joints: No significant degenerative sprurring. Facets: Evaluation of the facet joints limite due to systole artiface from the Harrington rods.

C2/3: There is no cord impingement. There is no neural foramina stenosis.
C3/5: There is no cord impingement. There is mild bilateral neural foramina stenosis.
C4/5: Minor left paracentral disc spur complex. There is no cord impingment. there is no neural foramina stenosis.
C5/6: Mild endplate spurring. There is no cord impingement. There is no neural foramina stenosis.
C6/7: Mild disc bulge and endplate spurring. There is no cord impingement. There is no neural foramina stenosis.
C7/T1: Mild disc bulge and endplate spurring. There is no cord impingement. There is no neural foramina stenosis.

Paravetrebral soft tissues appear unremarkable.

IMPRESSION:

1. Postoperative changes as detailed above. No cord impingment compression. No central canal or foraminal stenosis.
2. Suspect cord myelomalacia at the C4-C5 and C6-C7 levels with focal cord atrophy at C6-C7.

Any opinions on the above report? I have moderate to severe pain levels in the cervical region. I have radiating pain mainly in the left shoulder area. I have central spine pain which at times the only way I can describe it is that it feels like my spine is being compressed/crushed.

I have lower back pain as well but due to Harrington Rods in the lumbar region, for some reason the MRI could not get a reading due to the artifacts in my lumbar region.

An EMG showed severe nerve damage to the cervical and lumbar spine. Severe arthritis and peripheral neuropathy which may be partially due to the spine issues and some diabetic in nature.

I have difficulty standing for any periods of time, as well as sitting or walking any distances. I have balance issues. I have not fallen as of yet but do lose my balance at times.

I am on hydrocodone and a muscle relaxant -- Tizanidine 2 mg. taken 3 X's per day.
The hydrocodne is 7.5-750 mg. which I take as needed but I can take 1 1/2 tablets 4 x's per day. Sometimes the hydrocodone helps sometimes not.

Any thoughts on the above MRI?

Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread