It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

bhills HB User
Issue with Balance

My problem appears to be unique. I had spinal cord compression at C5 & C6 and noticed symptoms of clumsiness in my r hand & foot in Sept/09. By Dec/10 I had to go off work due to frequent falls after losing my balance. I had acdf surgery but the balance issue worsened. I fell about 3x's month, even while wearing the collar. Thankfully the fusion is still intact but since two consecutive serious falls injuring my head in Jul/11, I now use a walker at all times.

I feel so frustrated & so far all I'm hearing is that the spasticity in my upr legs & my anxiety could be the cause. I've been taking 25mg of Dantrium (muscle relaxant) and have finally overcome the dizzying side effects from that!

If anyone out there has similar symptoms, I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

georgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB User
Re: I'm Falling & Can't Get Up...Help!!!

Hi, I have a neighbor that has been falling alot too. How strange. I do know alittle about the oxygen tank, my grandson is 12 and he goes to the oxygen alot, he has autism really really bad and it is has helped him so I would go for that and see what happens , that way you can say you tried..... Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

bhills HB User

Thanks so much for yr response georgie. Do you know why yr neighbor is falling? In my case its due to cervical myelopathy. I started with balance issues in the fall of 2010. I had 2 level disc fusion in Jan/11 but my balance problem has gotten progressively worse. It's good to know that oxygen therapy is working for yr grandson. I will try it cause nothing else has helped so far.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
(female)

georgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB User

I am happy to hear you are going to try the oxygen, and I will be here when you go so please let me know how it went. As far as my neighbor well I am begining to think her husband had something to do with her condition. She has only told me that her mom had a blood diorder and she thinks she has it . I have been thru some real bad **** from the men I was with. And you always tell the best story to cover up the abuse. I am not kidding she is black and blue on one side of her face, busted lip , broken front tooth on the other side of her mouth. And the funny thing she has not one bruse on her arms hands shoulde or anything that would really look like a fall. She is real new to our city so I am trying to help her get to a doctor soon , it breaks my heart to see her this way. And I will ask her what her mom had and I will get back to you. Good luck on getting some help and I will keep you in my prayers. Please take care.

Closed Thread

Tags
acdf surgery, balance, cervical myelopathy, falls, head trauma, speech problem, unsteadiness