It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

Sagio HB User
Compression fractures t12 01

Hello everyone, 2 months ago I had an accident which resulted in two compression fractures t12 and 01. I was told to stay in bed for a month and then get up with a brace and start being active little by little. The problem is that the pain does not go away I can't walk for more than 10 minutes or sit down. I am starting to get really disappointed cause he said that it would be fine.. Is there anyone who got rid of the pain completely ever? I can't possibly imagine that it won't go away...I am a ballet dancer and even that I won't dance again is too much for me. I am in no pain medication 35 years old female thank u.
Ps has anyone been advised to lose weight? Would it help?

The following user gives a hug of support to Sagio:
nochange (11-05-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Compression fractures t12 01

How were you injured?
Usually if pain starts when you are 35 it NEVER goes away. I can tell you that, that was the case with me.

It's called chronic pain. Welcome to our world.

The Following User Says Thank You to nochange For This Useful Post:
Sagio (11-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
(female)

Sagio HB User

Don't tell me that I am gonna die.... I was sitting at the beach reading a book and suddenly a huge metallic umbrella fell on me and my back bent forward and my head reached my knees.... Sweet lord I am not able to walk for more than 10 minutes, why doesnt it go away has anyone explained that to you? What if I lose weight won't it help? Oh god.....

Last edited by Sagio; 11-05-2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: This will be chronic disability not pain....I can't do anything for more than 10 minutes and I have to go back to worshortly

Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Did they do CT and MRI?
Now that I read your head reached your knee? They should look into that also. (the neck area).

Last edited by nochange; 11-05-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
(female)

Sagio HB User

Had an ct and MRI no other injury no nerve injury just compression fractures. No disc damage, that's why I can't understand why it is still in pain...I actually believe your version and not the doctor's that the pain will not go away, but I have to go to work soon and I am devastated...I am having a hard time cause I don't take pain medications I just suffer....

Old 11-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

It could be also muscles pain-----ligaments, tendons and muscles being damaged in this accident. This is something your doctor didn't tell you, huh. It's almost like you had a whiplash.

It's impossible to fix damaged ligaments, tendons and muscles. That is what I was told.

At least you can sleep at night. Some people with chronic pain are not able to fall asleep cause they cannot find a comfortable position when they go to sleep.

Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to nochange For This Useful Post:
Sagio (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
(female)

Sagio HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
It could be also muscles pain-----ligaments, tendons and muscles being damaged in this accident. This is something your doctor didn't tell you, huh. It's almost like you had a whiplash.

It's impossible to fix damaged ligaments, tendons and muscles. That is what I was told.

At least you can sleep at night. Some people with chronic pain are not able to fall asleep cause they cannot find a comfortable position when they go to sleep.

Keep us posted.
Haha the doctors make me wonder if they have any idea what they are talking about...he has not mentioned anything he just says the pain will go away in 20 days then when the days pass in 40 etc... I don't find a comfortable position either but I find an ok one so that I can sleep for some hours. So what happens actually if the pain is chronic? Do u work and do everything or are you disabled like me? I can sit for more than 10 minutes really. I have been dancing all my life and it took 2 seconds to make all this history...

Last edited by Sagio; 11-05-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Ps without being sure I think that the muscle pain has gone away or at least it feels that it's coming from the bone

Old 11-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sorry, it took me a while to get back to you.

How are you? Are you getting any better?. How can you work if you cannot sit for more than 10 minutes? (I am not trying to be rude, just curious).

I have been suffering from chronic neck pain for the last 7 years. My life is hell. They don't have any physical therapy to treat neck pain. Only medications. I fed up.
7 years of suffering for no reason at all. If I could get $1 for every minute of this suffering I have been going through in the last 7 years I would be a millionaire by now.

I sit and walk but always tired. (probably cause not sleeping enough)and cause it hurts 24 hours a day. non stop. I cannot rest my neck on the pillow at all(not to the right side and not to the left side) and so been using sleeping pills for the last 5 years.

I have asked the physical therapist if I am disabled and she said that It's called limitations?---go figure. suffering called limitations....

My doctor put the blame on me now for having chronic pain and not being able to sleep at night.....He is now telling me it must be my personality.

Oh boy, at least I have this forum to keep me sane. I know I am not the only one suffering. It is not my fault. and chronic pain is not personality. It is caused by injury.
and I was injured. I wish it never happened to me.

I hope you get better!!!. I hope you won't have chronic pain and will not suffer.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
(female)

Sagio HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
Sorry, it took me a while to get back to you.

How are you? Are you getting any better?. How can you work if you cannot sit for more than 10 minutes? (I am not trying to be rude, just curious).

I have been suffering from chronic neck pain for the last 7 years. My life is hell. They don't have any physical therapy to treat neck pain. Only medications. I fed up.
7 years of suffering for no reason at all. If I could get $1 for every minute of this suffering I have been going through in the last 7 years I would be a millionaire by now.

I sit and walk but always tired. (probably cause not sleeping enough)and cause it hurts 24 hours a day. non stop. I cannot rest my neck on the pillow at all(not to the right side and not to the left side) and so been using sleeping pills for the last 5 years.

I have asked the physical therapist if I am disabled and she said that It's called limitations?---go figure. suffering called limitations....

My doctor put the blame on me now for having chronic pain and not being able to sleep at night.....He is now telling me it must be my personality.

Oh boy, at least I have this forum to keep me sane. I know I am not the only one suffering. It is not my fault. and chronic pain is not personality. It is caused by injury.
and I was injured. I wish it never happened to me.

I hope you get better!!!. I hope you won't have chronic pain and will not suffer.
Hi, what kind of injury was it?
I am not getting any better and the last three days the pain has changed...I am becoming less and less active, I spend most of the time in bed. I can't even enjoy any meals cause I have to eat in bed I can't sit long enough to finish eating...do you know what went wrong with your injury and the pain become chronic? Or there is no explanation at all? There must be a reason but the doctors don't bother...I don't even know when is the expected time for the pain to go away- they said 3 months, so far it's been 72 days of 24/7 pain

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey hello. I had a whiplash. I sat at the back seat and didn't have the time to put my seat belt and the girl(driver)backed into the house. My neck went back and forth.

Oh, I was told by most doctors it will go away. It actually goes away for most people from what I understand. (my doctor read in this in his medical book).

Only one doctor told me it's for life. Isn't it interesting? He told me:"Your neck will never be what it used to be". "it will bother you for most of your life". I started crying.
and that is before I even did an MRI. Just the word whiplash was enough for him to diagnose me--------I was 35 back then.

I didn't really understand what does he mean when he said "for most of your life"?
What does the word "most" means here? no encouraging words no nothing.
The other doctors told me I will be fine!. or it will go away.....

I have two bulging disks and that's it. and no, they don't bother telling me the reason why it hurts. Most of them say it's muscle pain. The bulging disks is so small.
Everybody says something else. I feel the muscle is strained all the time and it's press on my nerves there.

Listen, I think you should look for another doctor. There will be one doctor out there to tell you why it hurts. Just like in my case. Cause you only had this for 2 months they wait and see. I guess they hope it will go away. And sometimes pain goes away, that is called acute pain.

Maybe something is pressing on your nerves there and they cannot see it on the MRI.
Do you think it is a possibility? Maybe some part of the the fracture is pressing there somewhere?

Also, drink ensure plus if you cannot sit for too long and let's hope your pain is an acute pain and will go away.

Best wishes and keep in touch with us.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #11
(female)

Sagio HB User

Hi, I followed your advise and went to see another doctor...he told me that the pain is mostly due to bone edema that is still present and he gave me anti inflammatory medication, he also told me that I should start some physio and swimming only for 10 minutes, and he said that my low body weight should help a lot...well I went swimming and I can tell u that I swam like an idiot lol- after 10 minutes I was in pain even inside the water! He told me I should see some improvement after 15 days and that I ll be ok by January...I just hope he is right

Closed Thread