It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
(female)

rockenmama HB Userrockenmama HB User
Re: I am having a 2 level fusion in January

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany168 View Post
The exact same thing happened to me, but I'm no athlete...lol. Since I'm over 50 (just barely) and my father has heart trouble, I needed cardiac clearance. My EKG also had an abnormality, that I was never told what that was, so the aug 28th surgery date became sept 18th. It all worked out in the end, but it did cause a lot of unnecessary stress. Good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.
Thanks!

It just frustrates me since I have previous EKG's showing the same issue and have had a stress test as well (was told I have an "athletic" heart), though the stress test was done in 2006. I'm in my early 40's and since both parents have had heart problems I've been keeping on top of my heart health since I was in my 30's. The doctor was all apologetic saying that he knows how my EKG's are never "normal" and that more than likely everything is still the same as before but since I'm going to be having general anastethia (sp?) they can't take chances. I think they just want to get some procedure's in since another hospital will be doing my surgery

Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
(female)

rockenmama HB Userrockenmama HB User
Re: I am having a 2 level fusion in January

Well no surgery anytime soon. My stress test was positive for ischemia so I have an appointment with a cardiologist Monday. This TOTALLY took me by surprise since my cholesterol is good, I'm no where near obese, I don't smoke, and until recently have been VERY active.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread