It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
(female)

SteveeMed HB User
Bow Hunter's Syndrome

I have just been diagnosed with Bow Hunter's Syndrome and the spinal surgeon recommended fusing C1 and C2. I know it is very rare but I am looking for anyone out there that has been diagnosed with it and anyone that has had C1 and C2 fused. I am not sure what to do at this point and would like to talk to someone that has been fused.
SteveeMed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
(female)

MrsMe HB User
Re: Bow Hunter's Syndrome

I thought I'd replied to this message, but maybe not. I am expecting to be diagnosed with this this week... I'll come back to the thread once we have a few more answers for what happening. It's been happening for a minimum of 11 years for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
(female)

shvy HB User

Hey Steve..i cudn't really find much people on the net with this bow hunter's syndrome..i just came across your profile...have you got the fusion dne??? or are you still researching fr it..

My dad has been diagnosed with this after like an year of trying to fig out wts wrong..the doc has suggested c1 & c2 infusion...we are in two minds if he shud go for it or try living with it...he is so fed up of the condition that he wants to go fr the surgery asap but we as family are really concerned...

I would be looking forward to your rply.
Thanks....God bless you and evryone else who is goin through such rare problems.

shvy

Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveeMed View Post
I have just been diagnosed with Bow Hunter's Syndrome and the spinal surgeon recommended fusing C1 and C2. I know it is very rare but I am looking for anyone out there that has been diagnosed with it and anyone that has had C1 and C2 fused. I am not sure what to do at this point and would like to talk to someone that has been fused.
SteveeMed
Hi stevee, Are you having the circulation problem of the vertebral artery becoming occluded by head turn or are you having nerve compression?

Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
(female)

SteveeMed HB User

Hi
I have not had my C1 and C2 fused yet I just decided to do it last week so I will be seeing a spinal surgeon in a couple of weeks.
I feel it is the right decision at this point due to the fact it is really hard to go through life not turning your head it is not normal and to wear a neck brace everyday is no fun either.
so I guess I will have the surgery within a couple of months.

I hope you are doing well.
SteveeMed

Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
(female)

SteveeMed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hi stevee, Are you having the circulation problem of the vertebral artery becoming occluded by head turn or are you having nerve compression?
Hi I am having both.
I hope you are doing well.
SteveeMed

Reply Reply