It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
(male)

John1959A HB User
Question Living with severe back pain

Hello,
I am a 53 year old male and I have a twelve year old son. We live alone together. I have had a serious back problem for over 5 years now. I have finally got disability so I can take care of my son, but before all this started I was a very active person. I worked usually 6 days a week installing security systems and made great money. I worked in electronics for all my life starting in Cable TV and moving to ADT in the early part of the 90's.
That's not the big reason I wanted to write this though for sympathy. I really think that after reading all about what I have been diagnosed with, that I should have gotten better or something by now, and it is just the opposite, My pain is increasing monthly and I feel really weak. I want to get better so I can have a life again and I just don't know how to start trying. If anyone out there has had these symptoms and knows anything about it please let me know.

(1) constant pain in my lower back mainly on the right side. This pain increases if I do any kind of moving around.

(2) that pain radiates around and down my back left leg in a circular motion to the front and kind of stops around the knee.

(3) When my lower back pain gets bad it moves up my spine to my shoulder blades and I get a very strong burning sensation there across my whole back.

(4) At night my feet burn terribly in the arch and sometimes I get a stinging sensation as well. Or my arms go to sleep so badly that I can not even feel them at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Living with severe back pain

I can't explain all your symptoms, particularly the migration up to your shoulder blades and, even more so, the arms problem. It is possible that you have more than a lower back problem. Maybe something cervical and maybe something that isn't even spinal in origin.

What docs have you seen, when did you see them, what did MRI's say, what did docs say, and what ameliorative measures have you taken?

(btw, the Back Problems Board has people who are better versed in lower-back trouble, if you want to try there, as well)

Last edited by WebDozer; 11-25-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
degenerative disc, lower back pain, siatica