It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

roxy1212 HB User
Post Herniated Disks in Neck and Pregnancy...need advice

Hello,
I am a 31 year old female with herniated disks at C4/C5, C5/C6 and C7/T1 with a pinched nerve at C5/C6 and cyst on the C8 exiting nerve root. I equate this to years of an acitve lifestyle, involving extreme sports and injuries. My husband and I are looking to start a family and I wanted to know if pregnancy will make my neck worse? Currently I'm about 10-15 pounds overweight and have stopped exercising and lifting (as much as possible) due to neuro's orders. Daily symptoms are dull pain, weakness/tingling in right hand/fingers, and about a month ago I had sharp/shooting pain in shoulder blades and could not turn my head at all. The pain was unbearable. I have tried the pain killers, muscle relaxers, steroid pills, pt, massages, estem, traction but nothing seems to do the trick. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Surgery is not really an option at this point as I feel I'm too young and the neuro said it does not always help. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Closed Thread

Tags
cervical disks neck, cervical spine, herniated disks, pregnacy