It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
(male)

cspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB User
Dr has ordered CT, is this the start of more to come?

Last December I had an anterior corpectomy and fusion c5-6. The surgery went well and is healing and fusing well. The problem is I have been in pain ever since. More sore than before the surgery. In June my neurosurgeon sent me to pain management. Since then they have been trying to find the best treatment for my pain. I am in medication management and they are doing injection therapy. Have had cordizone shots and in October had radio frequency ablation.
I went to see the pain management doctor on Thursday and he thinks there may be something else going on. He feels by now the RFA should had some effect as well as some of the other treatments. He said it could possibly be a bulging disk or scar tissue and has ordered a ct scan to see what is going on. The good thing is he said is he doesn't want to keep doing injections, but wants to find out what is going on. I know there are pm's who do this, I had one before who just wanted to do this, but that's another long story.
So for now I have to wait until Tuesday to get the scan and then wait for results. I know the pm is going to talk with my neurosurgeon. Of course the wait is the worst, feel like last year when I was going to different surgeons and having tests done.
So I guess after my long story, is is this what I have look forward to for the rest of my life? I've read many post of people who had multiple surgeries and when I was at the doctors the women in the next cubicle had five back surgeries.
I just worry this is just the beginning of a life of surgeries and troubles with my spine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Dr has ordered CT, is this the start of more to come?

<< I just worry this is just the beginning of a life of surgeries and troubles with my spine.>>

No way to know, right now. The good thing is that your PM doc did the right thing instead of just continuing ineffective treatment to make more money.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
(male)

cspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB Usercspineguy HB User
Re: Dr has ordered CT, is this the start of more to come?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
<< I just worry this is just the beginning of a life of surgeries and troubles with my spine.>>

No way to know, right now. The good thing is that your PM doc did the right thing instead of just continuing ineffective treatment to make more money.
I am glad for that, he is a very good doctor and very compassionate. When I talk with him, I just feel he cares and trust him, which is important.
Just hoping that they can find a way to help with the pain and getting me back to being more productive. Right now I'm barely making it through each day. I still work, but it takes so much out of me and I fight pain all day long. I don't sleep, which is wearing on me. At this point would just like to get more control.
Still trying to keep the faith, and I have support from a wonderful wife and family, which I am greatful for.

Closed Thread