It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

SueBee796 HB User
Please Help with my MRI Results

I need help interpreting my MRI's from the last couple of years. They are both a lil different. Could someone please help me with this?
Other than my spinal problems I have Fibromyalgia which also adds to my fatigue. I already had this written up. sorry for the long explanation. I do have a lot of symptoms and affects from my spinal stuff. I also have a Lumbar MRI with more info but if I could just get help with the neck for now that would be great!

ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMS AND SIDE EFFECTS EXPERIENCED SINCE CHANGES IN SPINE:
Nerve Shocking sensations shoot down both arms from top of neck all the way down to finger tips of both right and left arms/handsĖ Feels like a jolt of electrical shocks and leaves arms unusable

Sharp Gripping burning pain across the top of my left shoulder, with pins and needles and a stabbing feeling, weakness, cramping of arms, hand/thumb getting stuck into a folded under palm of hand position, muscle spasms, pins and needles in both my left and right hands and fingers, thumbs, pointer fingers (All fingers and thumb on my right hand and on my left hand, thumb and pointer finger are pins and needle tingling as well.
Excruciating pain across left shoulder and down arm when walking, feeling like my arm is trying to be torn off. Lately the bone on my shoulder feels as if it had been recently cut off Ė like after my rotator cuff repair surgery. Pain when sitting and extending arms to type or reach for things.
Right arm and hand constantly feeling numb with pins and needles tingling and loss of feeling when trying to use, or grip items, pull drawers open I have a hard time. Canít lift very much weight with left arm (basically have to use my whole body to lift things with my left arm), and/or use both hands.
Limited mobility canít walk very far and have pain in lower back when I do walk. I also always have pain in the middle of my back sometimes causing it hard for me to breathe.
As far as going places, ie: Shopping, laundry, spending time with granddaughters, washing dishes, go to Dr. Appt.ís, I get wore out very easily and donít have enough energy to do anything for at least 3 days or more and will need naps during those days. While sitting forward, I get a very bad pain just under my left ribcage. It feels as if thereís a lump just under my ribs.
I feel sharp pain in the middle of my back which, it feels as if the back bone is being pinched or stabbed with a sharp knife.
And it also feels like itís out of joint and stuck and nothing will put it back in place.

When I walk it feels like parts of my spine is slipping around and also makes a sharp pain shoot down into my sciatica nerve. It used to affect the right side of my buttocks and down my leg, now it is on my left side buttocks and goes down my left leg, which makes it difficult to stand for very long or walk.
Iím unable to pick up my granddaughters who are only 4 and 5 yrs old. Iím unable to do many things with them, like play with them at the park,
Legs feel weak as if they will give out on me, or sometimes need to use my hips to get my legs to move and concentrate on moving my legs.

Imaging Report CP-Spine 2-3 views Cervical Spine 6/29/2010:
FINDINGS: Three views of the cervical spine were obtained. There is straightening of the normal cervical lordosis. There is approximate 3mm of anterolisthesis of C4 on C5 and 3 mm of anterolisthesis of C7 on T1. Vertebral body heights are normal. There is moderate disc space narrowing at C5/6 and C6/7 with mild disc space narrowing at the remainder of the cervical levels. Prominent small posterior disc marginal osteophytes are seen at C5/6 and C6/7. There is blunting with irregularity and sclerosis of the uncovertebral joints at C4/5, C5/6 and C6/7. The prevertebral soft tissues appear normal. There is normal appearing articulation of C1 on C2.

IMPRESSION: Moderate spondylitic changes of the cervical spine including multilevel degenerative disc disease most prominent at C5/6 and C6/7. Moderate facet arthropathy is seen at C4/5 through C6/7. Grade 1 anterolisthesis is seen at C4/5 and at C7/T1. If clinical symptoms persist, MRI may be beneficial for further evaluation.
Read by Eric W Palmer MD, Radiologist

OR Advanced Imaging
Clinical History : Neck pain, stiffness, occipital headaches. Gait difficulty. Intermittent dysthesia of he hands with radiculopathy and cervical spondylosis.

Comparison : Plain films of the cervical spine performed on 6/29/2010 at PMG.

FINDINGS: there is straightening of the normal cervical lordosis with mild reversal at the level of C3. The vertebral body heights are normal. The marrow signal is fairly homogeneous. No focal marrow edema is evident. The facet joints appear normally aligned. The cervical cord is normal in caliber and appearance. The posterior fossa contents appear normal. The prevertebral soft tissues appear normal.
C2/3: The posterior disc margin appears normal. The central spinal canal is patent. The facet articulations appear normal. The neural foramina are patent.

C3/4: The posterior disc margin appears normal. There are minimal posterolateral disc marginal osteophytes. The central spinal canal is patent. There is minimal facet hypertrophy on the left. There is probable mild narrowing of the right neural foramen.

C4/5: There is a posterior disc marginal osteophyte complex. The central AP dimension of the spinal canal measures 8mm. /there is mild facet hypertrophy, greater on the left. There is mild narrowing of the bilateral neural foramen, greater on the right.

C5/6: There is a posterior disc marginal osteophytes complex, greater on the left. The central spinal canal is patent. There is mild facet hypertrophy, greater on the left. There is severe narrowing of the left neural foramen and mild narrowing of the right neural foramen.

C 6/7: There is a small posterior disc marginal osteophyte complex. The central AP dimensions of the spinal canal measures 9 mm. The facet articulations appear normal. There is mild narrowing of the left neural foramen.

C7/T1: The posterior disc margin appears normal. The central spinal canal is patent. The facet articulations appear normal. The neural foramina are patent.

IMPRESSION:

1. Straightening of the normal cervical lordosis which may be positional or related to muscle spasm.
2. Multi-focal mild to moderate degenerative disc disease, most prominent at C4/5, C5/6 and C 6/7.
3. Minimal to mild central spinal stenosis at C4/5 and C 6/7.
4. Multi-factorial disease contributes to severe narrowing of the left neural foramen at C5/6.

Date of MRI: 11/20/2012

Findings: multiple signals were obtained in the sagittal and axial planes. Images obtained demonstrate normal alignment and marrow signal of the lumbar vertebral bodies. There are signal changes in the S2 vertebra compatible with probable hemangioma. Conus medullaris terminates normally at the lower aspects of the L1 vertebral body. No abnormal signal is identified in the visualized portions of spinal cord, conus medullaris or cauda equina.

Review of the disc spaces demonstrates no significant abnormality of T12-L1, L1-L2, or L2-L3 disc level.

At the L3-L4 disc level there is a mild bulge slightly greater to the left side than right which minimally indents the ventral thecal sac and the minimally narrows the inferior neural foramina in conjunction with mild facet disease.

At the L4-L5 disc level there is a broad mild disc bulge which mildly flattens the ventral aspect of the thecal sac producing minimal canal narrowing and minimal inferior neural foraminal narrowing.

At the L5-S1 level there is a broad minimal disc bulge which remains in the edidural fat extending out laterally produces mild inferior right and left neural foraminal narrowing as described above.

NOW FOR THE CERVICAL SPINE - NECK

Findings: Multiple sequences were obtained in the sagittal and axial planes. Images obtained demonstrate an anterolisthesis of approximately 3 mm of C4 anteriorly on C5. There is approximately 2 mm Retrolisthesis of C6 posteriorly on C7 and a 1-2 mm anterolisthesis of T1 anteriorly on T2. The visualized portions posterior fossa demonstrate no focal signal abnormalities. Athe C4-C5 level there is some faint signal change in the cord suggesting early edema. There is no significant abnormality at the C2-C3 or C3-C4 disc levels.

At the C4-5 disc level there is facet degenerative change, anterolisthesis of C4 anteriorly on C5, a broad disc protrusion, which flattens the ventral cord, displaces it posteriorly, producing a moderate canal Stenosis and degenerative change of the uncovertebral joints producing some minimal neural foraminal narrowing.

At the C5-C6 disc level there is an asymmetric disc protrusion greater to the ventral left canal on the right. It minimally encroaches upon the ventral left can and left canal and left lateral recess. Degenerative changes in the facet joint produce mild left neural foraminal narrowing.

At the C6-C7 level there is a broad mild disc protrusion, which minimally flattens the ventral aspect of thecal sac. The disc extends out laterally and produces moderate left and mild right neural foraminal narrowing.

At the C7-T1 and T1-T2 levels no significant abnormality is seen.

IMPRESSION: Degenerative disc disease and hypertrophic changes producing significant canal Stenosis at the C4-C5 level. Hypertrophic degenerative changes of disc disease producing neural foraminal narrowing up to the moderate level.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
mri help