It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
(male)

coldcoxme HB User
Red face cervical collar causing chest and back pain

i have been wearing a hard collar after a cervical fusion. the fusion went very well and is still healing. i'm about seven weeks out of surgery and the collar is gone but i have severe pain in my chest middle and mid thoracic. my surgeon is telling me its nothing to do with my surgery or my neck, but still i have this pain. the pain was so bad they took the collar off at three weeks and at seven it hasn't stopped yet. no one wants to listen to me or find out what it is thats causing the pain so i''m on my own.
has anyone had this pain!!!!!! from a neck collar or is it normal pain after c5 c6
anterior fusion. this is my second anterior fusion in six years i had c4 c5 done and don't remember wearing a collar or any of this pain down my chest and back. thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to coldcoxme:
teddybearhugs (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
(female)

teddybearhugs HB User
Re: cervical collar causing chest and back pain

Hello, I am so sorry to read your story... I have not had any surgery at all on my neck,so cannot relate as such to what you have or are suffering. However, I do have neck problems, (Bulging discs, at various levels, straightening of the Lordosis, some narrowing and slight pressure on the spinal chord) and I was given a collar to wear earlier this year, as I was having really bad days, where I felt I just could not support my head at all... and the collar, caused me back and chest pain, I have not been able to wear it since, and this is why I am replying to your post.
As I say,because I have not had any surgery myself, I can only comment on the collar side of things. I feel desperately sorry for you, if no-one is listening to you or wants to find out what is causing it... I have spent the past 3 years,myself, trying to get some real treatment for my pain, and have been spoken to in an appalling manner by one Doctor, and on other ocassions walked out of a consulting room,not knowing where I go next... so I do know very much what you are feeling.

Remember though, it is your body, you know how you are feeling, and if you are not happy with the pain you have, please get it checked further,and although I have had this kind of pain with a collar,please don't assume it is just that. I wish you all the best, and really do hope things get better for you soon. God Bless x

The Following User Says Thank You to teddybearhugs For This Useful Post:
coldcoxme (12-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
(male)

coldcoxme HB User
Re: cervical collar causing chest and back pain

thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. finally someone who knows what a real neck pain is. i must say the surgery that i had a while back was very successful and this one is a domino effect they tell me but i really had no choice. this is going well except for the collar pain in the chest. i hope you find some relief yourself. thanks again god bless.

Closed Thread