It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

wms71165 HB User
Question Thoracic cord syrinx

Hello. Im new to this so bear with me. I just received my mri results and was told i have a "HOLE" in my spine. I have a small syrinx extending from c6 to c7 measuring only 1.7x0.3xo.1. Also another in the upper thoracic spine extending from t1 thru t2 but my mri was for my neck so the mri could not detect any further. I thought i hurt myself at work in October. My right shoulder was sore from lifting at work but after a couple days, i couldnt move my arm with out tremendous pain. I went to an orthopeodic doctor who treated me for injured rotator cuff. After an mri and 2 cortisone shots in the shoulder and lots of physical therapy, my shoulder was feeling less painful but the my neck area was now sore. I have lots of pain and swelling even after a cortisone shot to the neck. After a second mri was done this time to the neck, i was told that i had a hole in my spine with a couple syrinx. Now im waiting to go to a Neurosurgeon to see whats next. Im still working but a bit concerned about whats next. My job i have is very strenuous with lots of lifting. Im worried now that i may do something to my spine to make it worse. Am i worrying for nothing? Should i still do my job without making things worse?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

ktm0112 HB User
Re: Thoracic cord syrinx

Hi I'm in a very similar situation. My left arm/shoulder/upper back/neck are very painful (rarely it spreads to my right side). This has been going on for about 2 months. I was just told Monday that I had a "hole" in my spine on the MRI and I'm being referred to a neurosurgeon (still waiting on them to call me) who will want to do a full MRI of my entire brain and spine with contrast to rule out a possible mass. My latest MRI showed a syrinx from T7-T9. My referring neurologist didn't explain too much to me but that they'll do an MRI again and the neurosurgeon will discuss pros and cons of surgery with me. Do you have any useful information you mind sharing with me? I hope you're feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
(female)

fuzzybunny pgh HB User
Re: Thoracic cord syrinx

Hello iam new to this whole board thing but was just told I have a syrinz in my neck c6 endplates to endplates its 9mm x 1.6mm, I see u also have them, was wondering if u can help ne , figure out exactly what there r and what going to happen next , thk u :-) need help and information badly.

Reply Reply