It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
(male)

RDJ1957 HB User
Cervical mri Results

Hello I'm new here just wanted to get some intake on me result's. A rounded lesion in the c6 vertebral body contains some internal No aggressive marrow signal changes are observed. The signal intensity of the spinal cord is normal aside from a thin linear fluid signal centrally within the cord at c6 and c7.Signal intensity of the other visualized neural structures is normal. Degererative disc desiccation is seen throughout.....c2-3 ok c3-4 Some mild annular bulge is seen and there is left sided uncovertebral spurring which mildly narrows the medial aspect of the left foramen. Some mild degenerative facet arthropathy is seen on the left. The central canal canal and right foramen are widely patent. C4-5 A mild degree of disc narrowing is present. Left posterolateral protrusion and left uncovertebral spurring impress the left ventral thecal sac and result in moderate left left foraminal stenosis. The right foramen is patent and there is no cord compression. C5-6 Mild non-compressive annular bulge with some mild left-sided uncovertebral spurring. The central canal and foramina are patent. C6-7 Moderate disc narrowing with some increased T1 and T2 signal in the central disc. There is endplate and uncovertebral spurring as well as diffuse disc bulge or protrusion slightly worse on the left resulting in moderate left foraminal stenosis. The right foramen is only mildly encroached upon. There is ventral cord contact and slight compression. C7-T1 Slight annular bulge with evidence of partial annular tear in the midline but no disc herniation or foraminal nerve root impingement.T1 there is a mild anterior wedge-shaped apperance of this vertebral body with non-compressive annular bulge at T1-2......Sorry for long post but put what they sent me thank's ..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Cervical mri Results

Not much of note. Maybe a bit of a problem at C6-7. Do you have any left-side symptoms that might relate to the C7 nerve? Anything in middle fingers?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
(male)

RDJ1957 HB User

Yes i have been having numdness in both of my hands and the 3 last finger's on each hand neurosurgen said my left hand was weak and losing strength in it......have pain in neck and back of head when i lift things even light weight, my neck hurts worst. ct scan said i have multi level disc diease. he's just wanting to take out the c-6 disc he showed me on the computer where it was compressing the spinal cord.......Told him i had to think about it he says whats there to think about u could be in a car wreck or fall and be paralized..............Im 55 and have never been operated on..........

Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

I strongly urge you to get both second and third opinions. I'm not saying your surgeon is wrong, but it does sound like he's trying to rush you. Even if he's not, you need those two other opinions.

And forget about the "multi-level disk disease". Most people your age have that condition, and it's not really a disease, just the deterioration of the disks from wear and tear. The thing to concentrate on is what's happening to your spinal cord and spinal nerves.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
(male)

RDJ1957 HB User

Thank's i will get the other opinions he also pointed at a white thin line in my spinal cord in front of that disc but didn't say what it was................thank's again

Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Pointed out a thin white line in your cord and DIDN'T EXPLAIN?? You need to find someone who will explain, and you need to do it asap...

Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
Pointed out a thin white line in your cord and DIDN'T EXPLAIN?? You need to find someone who will explain, and you need to do it asap...

Dear RDJ, On MRI reports Ive been informed by my dr that white can be CSF & also scar tissue. On the thin white fluid line by spinal cord this may be myelomalacia which can happen to cord with severe compression & it means a softening of the cord or beginning of atrophy to cord but thin "white fluid" line may be CSF.. I do not know about cervical MRIs but i do know that different radiologists say different opinions on viewing the exact same films. I think that asking a spine only neurosurgeon or an orthopedic surgeon that limits his practice to spine only to give a proper explanation & evaluation of your films. Also, many people including myself had/have spine surgery to relief the massive pain but spine surgery is predominately done for nerve decompression whose symptoms are radiating pain down extremity, pins & needles, numbness & even after spine surgery & decompression it can take a year for the compressed nerves to lose inflammation & heal again to normal & depending on how severely compressed & how long compressed before surgery residual permanent nerve damage can occur. Also a good question for the surgeon is about pain after surgery caused by facet arthritis, SI joint arthritis &/or nerve root irritation from overdoing it or stability problems from bone removal or hardware rubbing bone or osteophyte formation. So,
when you see each surgeon ask about the aforementioned & make sure that the drs suggestion is completely clear to you so that you are making an informed choice.

Last edited by gmak; 02-08-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: typos

Reply Reply