It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Numbness now in hands and face

I have spinal stenenosiolis l5s1 grade 2 had MRI of lumbar and sacrum Been dx with idiopathic neuropathy 1998 feet pain at that time 6 mo ago had the MRI . Now loosing balance leg weakness and crushing feeling in feet. Had MRI a year before that not much change. Now neuro wants another MRI of thoriac and lumbar because of abnormal evoked potential test of the left foot. My hands and arms have been getting numb and tingly and feeling dizzy vision seems to be shaky when reading. Chiropractor says I should have MRI of the cevical spine thinking any nerve trunk compression could affect any thing below. Anybody have some input.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Numbness now in hands and face

Chiropractor's suggestion is reasonable. Thoracic and lumbar problems will not affect hands and arms.

You might want to avoid the chiropractor until you get a complete understanding of your whole spine, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
(female)

stargate HB User

I have similar numbness mine started in feet and legs then moved up Did 13 MRI's before they finially found problem.
You should start at neck and go down. The largest tumor was at my T 2 to T 4.

I have tumors in spinal cord which is putting pressure on main nerve that runs down center of spine. This could save you alot of pain.
It took them 3 years to finially diagnose me.

I was only 37 at time when it started so they wernt looking for something like that because as far as the pain part it was in my lower back so they never looked in the upper areas.

Good Luck hope this helps

Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Exclamation Re: Numbness now in hands and face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate View Post
I have similar numbness mine started in feet and legs then moved up Did 13 MRI's before they finially found problem.
You should start at neck and go down. The largest tumor was at my T 2 to T 4.

I have tumors in spinal cord which is putting pressure on main nerve that runs down center of spine. This could save you alot of pain.
It took them 3 years to finially diagnose me.

I was only 37 at time when it started so they wernt looking for something like that because as far as the pain part it was in my lower back so they never looked in the upper areas.

Good Luck hope this helps
Did you have bowel and bladder problems to please list all your symptoms what was done to relieve them thank you

Old 02-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
I have spinal stenenosiolis l5s1 grade 2 had MRI of lumbar and sacrum Been dx with idiopathic neuropathy 1998 feet pain at that time 6 mo ago had the MRI . Now loosing balance leg weakness and crushing feeling in feet. Had MRI a year before that not much change. Now neuro wants another MRI of thoriac and lumbar because of abnormal evoked potential test of the left foot. My hands and arms have been getting numb and tingly and feeling dizzy vision seems to be shaky when reading. Chiropractor says I should have MRI of the cevical spine thinking any nerve trunk compression could affect any thing below. Anybody have some input.
Hi terlin, Im confused when you say that you have spinal stenosis, grade 2 slippage, L5-S1 disc problems & possible cervical problems with hand & arm nerve compression symptoms. If i were you i would find a spine neurosurgeon or a spine only orthopedic surgeon & take copies of all my MRI's & let that dr do any necessary testing to get to the bottom of all symptoms & rule out nerve compression or find it to make sure that i didnt have cauda equina syndrome or a problem that needs surgery to be fixed & ask him all the questions that you dont have answers to & hopefully one dr could provide answers to all your problems.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Thanks I'm waiting to see neuro spine dr. Also have wierd things going on in my head short term memory loss difficulty holding a conversation?

Reply Reply