It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

Bionic neck HB User
one week post op c6-T1

Hi All had another disc fusion done posteriorly , C7-T1. I am now fused with instrumentation from C3-T-1. This went well and took care of pre op pain. I am still having numbness on right forearm and pinkie, ring and middle finger. It is pretty substantial numbness but not painful.

Has anyone else experienced this and was is permanent or did it go away and if so, after how long?

Also, Experiencing burning pain occasionally in shoulder blade. Pretty intense but it is intermittent Anyone have this problem?

Any input would really be appreciated. You guys are amazing

Last edited by Bionic neck; 02-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
(female)

rockenmama HB Userrockenmama HB User
Re: one week post op c6-T1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic neck View Post
Hi All had another disc fusion done posteriorly , C7-T1. I am now fused with instrumentation from C3-T-1. This went well and took care of pre op pain. I am still having numbness on right forearm and pinkie, ring and middle finger. It is pretty substantial numbness but not painful.

Has anyone else experienced this and was is permanent or did it go away and if so, after how long?

Also, Experiencing burning pain occasionally in shoulder blade. Pretty intense but it is intermittent Anyone have this problem?

Any input would really be appreciated. You guys are amazing
I had a 2 level ACDF 2 months ago tomorrow. From what my surgeon says the numbness will be the last thing to go away and that it could take up to a year maybe even a bit longer. I'm not dealing with burning pain in my shoulder blades but I do have the nerve pain in my hands and arms but it's SLOWLY subsiding. Apparently pain is the first to go, Strength is supposed to come back and numbness/tingling is the last thing to go. Hope that helps.

Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
(female)

Bionic neck HB User
Re: one week post op c6-T1

Thanks Pam, That is reassuring. Sorry about your nerve pain. That is terrible stuff as that what was so painful prior to my surgery. God Bless and thanks for taking the time to share Nanci

Reply Reply