It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

gary5661 HB User
What happens now ??!

Hi everyone. I had a discectomy with fusion at c5/6 Tuesday of this week and apart from pain from being intubated which is subsiding and bit of creaking and aching in my neck I'm pretty happy with the results upto now pains gone. Little bit of weakness left in my arm but nothing major stitches healing well so all good. What happens now came out of hospital with out a soft collar and was told no restrictions and full movement just watch what your lifting. Plenty of rest.
Im a bit worried about how I'm lying down wether I can dislodge the fusion I've been sleeping on the sofa for comfort. Very nervous with it. I've gone an appointment with consultant next week to take staples out will he X-ray to see if fusion is happening and before I go back to work will he check that all is well with my neck as I've got a very physical job and don't want to damage myself again I'm in Wales so it's an Nhs question hope someone out there has had similar that can give me some advice
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: What happens now ??!

I would not expect much "fusion" to be happening after only a week. The X-ray will tell you if the hardware is where it should be, which is what matters. Speaking of hardware, that's what is clamping your C5 to your C6, so it's hard to see how sleeping position makes any difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
(male)

gary5661 HB User

what happens if no fusion after 6 weeks does that mean i cant lift anything?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

Sorry... the doc would know. Way too early to worry about it, though.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
(male)

gary5661 HB User

sorry i just worried because i know theres screws and stuff holding my spine together at the moment just very nervous with it, i worried that if i say move wrong or hold my head a certain way im going to dislodge the hardware i like the way you put it that the hardware is clamping the c5- c6 together i just thought with the wedge in between the screws were for suppport what you said made me feel better about it like they arent going anywhere

Reply Reply