It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

Anjovi HB User
I'm level 2 Cervical Kyphosis

and I'm not sure how to get to fixing it.

I'm 22, and about 6'2

Last week of December last year on a walk I did a stretch because my right shoulder was feeling really stiff, and I ended up getting a muscle spasm just behind my right shoulder blade. I never felt anything like but was in the middle of no were so I had to sort of hobble my way back home.

I was sort of bent with my upper body leaning to the right. I came in the door, and had my folks there to help me. I ended up getting laid down on a kitchen table because I couldn't even bend anything at that point, and my dad was able to check it out (he studied chiropractic stuff) He found that I had about 3 vertebrae out of place
(he couldn't imagine how it was so far out of place)

he was able to crack my back to the point were I was able to take some muscle relaxants, and lie down for the night, and most of next day. When I was able to I drove to the local family chiropractor, and had some xrays taken.

It turned out that I have level 2 Cervical Kyphosis, along with a couple vertabrae in the upper and lower-mid. I'm told the bad news, and I decide I want to get this fixed as I don't feel like being crippled by the time i'm 30.

So this particular fellow's course of action was to focus on the neck region, as it's apparently the focal point of energy that leads to the rest of the spine. He pretty much explained that as he worked on the neck everything else would just sort of fall back in line relatively.

So I'm doing this for the month of January seeing him 3 times a week. Were things get more complicated is when I move out of town in the month of Febuary.

Just after moving into the new town I had another muscle spasm (I think it had to do with the lack of sleep I was getting, and stress) When it happened was about 3 days before I would've normally went in for another visit to my previous chiropractor. This time I had a sibling come only to call 911 because I couldn't get into the car with her, ambulance drove me downtown and they wheeled me into a room with one of the doctors. We figured out were the pain was, and he didn't really have anything to tell me besides a recommendation to the physio therapy. He gave me a drug, and then told me to get some other drugs, and then I went home with a relative to crash on there bed until i felt better.

As soon as i could I went to see a new chiropractor. So I go in and recap everything that lead up to seeing him, and gave him my xrays, and a note passed on by the previous chiropractor. But this fellow has a totally different way of doing things. He doesn't seem to focus solely on the neck region but on in all of my tense, and out of place regions.

It's just confusing as I know some chiropractor techniques are really good at alleviating symptoms, but let the overall problem get worse. But I've been able to hit the gym recently so i've been sort of easing myself into a work out routine.

So I'm seeing this new chiropractor once a week, and going to the gym every 2 days to get myself active.

I just really need some opinions on this because I feel like I'm not getting anywere despite the money I'm plunking down on the chiro. Are there any sure shot ways to getting better that any of you have found? Each time this has happened to me I've been out of order for at least 4 days...no good...hehe

thank you!

Last edited by Anjovi; 02-23-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: I'm level 2 Cervical Kyphosis

I'd be very leery of chiropractic, at this point. I'd suggest that you go to an orthopedist or physiatrist and see what they think about chiropractric. They might very well want you to get a cervical MRI, which I think would be a good start. WAY better than just X-rays.

The Following User Says Thank You to WebDozer For This Useful Post:
Anjovi (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
(male)

Anjovi HB User
Re: I'm level 2 Cervical Kyphosis

Thanks for the reply webdozer!

I'll look into that, I'll see if I can get checked out by either a orthopedist or physiatrist. Also see if I can get a MRI by either.

this has just been putting me on edge a bit. I'll look into them and update this post.

Reply Reply