It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
(male)

joelg1971 HB User
neck pain

conclusion my mri showed that I have multi level degenerative disc disease the worst levels are c5c6 with mild spinal canal stenosis and c6c7 with left paracentral disc osteophyte complex bulge which exerts mild pressure the anterior left aspect of the spinal cord can anyone tell me what that means.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: neck pain

The ddd is extremely common. Pretty much "normal".

Between the C5 and C6 vertebrae, something is impinging on the spinal canal. Note that it's "mild" (the normal range of adjectives is minimal-mild-moderate-severe) and that the CANAL is affected, but not the CORD within the canal.

At the C6-7 level, friction between the vertebrae and the disk is causing bone spurs to grow backward into the spinal canal. They've grown enough to not only compress the canal but to press on the left front of the cord. Once again, "mild" is used to describe the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

The ddd is extremely common. Pretty much "normal".

Between the C5 and C6 vertebrae, something is impinging on the spinal canal. Note that it's "mild" (the normal range of adjectives is minimal-mild-moderate-severe) and that the CANAL is affected, but not the CORD within the canal.

At the C6-7 level, friction between the vertebrae and the disk is causing bone spurs to grow backward into the spinal canal. They've grown enough to not only compress the canal but to press on the left front of the cord. Once again, "mild" is used to describe the problem.

Any symptoms apart from neck pain?

Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #4
(male)

joelg1971 HB User

yes I have lots of symptoms,tingling in my shoulder for arm and my fingers lots of pain in my neck very stiff,very bad headaches,sometimes ill be sitting there and all of a sudden ill get a shock up my spine,jus a lot of things are coming out of this neck pain,i don't understand what is going on.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
(male)

joelg1971 HB User

there are 3 bulging discs,but my other question is what do they do with bone sppurowing,do they do anything for that.thanks.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

There are two operations that directly address bone spurs.

The ACDF comes in from in front, removes the disk - and the bone spurs growing off the disk-vertebra interface, and clamps/fuses the two vertebrae together.

The foraminotomy is a much less invasive operation that comes in from behind and specifically addresses the spurring by trying to shave it off.

Which operation is best would depend on a number of factors, including, unfortunately, what the surgeon WANTS to do.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
(male)

joelg1971 HB User

well I appreciate it I was getting worried still am a bit,i cant even bend my neck backwards, 5 percent.sideways is a bit better but not much.i see the surgeon on Tuesday cant wait to see him.i guess that's why I cant pu my neck back because of thr spurrowing right

Reply Reply