It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
(male)

lewis998 HB User
X-ray need help understanding

Signs& Symptoms:

FINAL REPORT

6/18/2013 5:21 PM

SPINE, CERVICAL 4-5 VIEWS/ROUTINE
HISTORY: {Reason} 723.1 - Cervicalgia

COMPARISON: None

FINDINGS:
Bone mineral density is within normal limits. Spine is imaged to the
level of the inferior C7 vertebral body with limited evaluation of
the cervicothoracic junction. Straightening of the normal cervical
lordosis. Vertebral body heights are well-maintained. No prevertebral
soft tissue swelling. Degenerative disease with osteophyte formation,
endplate sclerosis, endplate irregularity, most pronounced from
C5-C7. There is slight retrolisthesis of C5 on C6. Mild facet
osteoarthrosis.

There is narrowing of the right C5-6 and C6-7 neural foramina and
narrowing of the left C2-3, C3-4, C4-5, C5-6, and C6-7 neural
foramina, most pronounced at C5-6 and C6-7.

IMPRESSION: No acute fracture. Degenerative disc disease and neural
foraminal narrowing, most pronounced from C5-C7.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: X-ray need help understanding

Depending on your symptoms, I would say that the foraminal narrowing means you have a good chance of radiculopathy (impingement of nerve roots). You'd need an MRI to get a better idea...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
(male)

lewis998 HB User

Thank you WebDozer MRI is tomorrow I will post it when I get it

Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
(male)

lewis998 HB User

MRI
Findings Normal cervical vertebral body height and alignment. No bony destructive alterations. Degenerative endplate signal changes most pronounced at C5-6 and C6-7. Intrinsically, the cervical cord appears to be grossly normal. Congenital cervical spinal canal dimensions are normal. Cerebellar tonsils are normally positioned

At C2-3, there may be some left-sided posterior element hypertrophy and at least some narrowing of the left neural foramen.

Bulge/spur particularly to the left at C3-4 with suspected mild to moderate left-sided foraminal stenosis.

Broad-based protrusion with endplate spur at C4-5 effacing the thecal sac and perhaps somewhat flattening the cord with moderate central stenosis. There is posterior element hypertrophy with mild or no more than mild to moderate foraminal narrowing.

Diffuse endplate spur/hard disc at C5-6 effacing the thecal sac with flattening of the cord and moderate central stenosis. Prominent bilateral foraminal narrowing seen

Bulge and endplate/uncovertebral spur at C6-7 particularly prominent out laterally more so on the left with bilateralleft gerater than right foraminal stenosis. On left, this may be fairly severe

very little bulge suspected at C7-T1 with little narrowing

IMPRESSION
SPONDYLITIC AND DISCOGENIC ALTERATIONS INVOLVING THE CERVICAL SPINE AS DESCRIBED PARTICULARLYAT C5-6 AND C6-7

Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

So the MRI pretty much backed up the x-ray.

You have disk bulges at C4-5 and C5-6 that are large enough to have pushed away (effaced) the cerebrospinal fluid from in front of the cord, and to slightly flatten the cord. The radiologist does not seem to be alarmed about this flattening of the cord, so I would guess that this is a situation that may not YET be symptomatic.

At C5-6 and C6-7 you have bone spurs (osteophytes) growing off the vertebral column and into the foraminal openings. If these are large enough, they can impinge on the spinal nerves as they pass through the foramina after leaving the cord.

The worst of this seems to be affecting the left C7 nerve, which would run down the arm and into the middle fingers.

The Following User Says Thank You to WebDozer For This Useful Post:
lewis998 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
(male)

lewis998 HB User

So all in all I will be ok ?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

I'm not saying you'll be OK, and I'm not saying you won't. I'm not qualified to make that kind of judgment. I'm just saying that the radiologist doesn't seem to be alarmed. If there's anything that he's drawing attention to, it's the foraminal narrowing at C6-7, particularly on the left. If the spinal nerve is being impinged upon (radiculopathy), then you might have symptoms down into your middle fingers.

I assume you must have some kind of symptoms, since you went to the trouble of an MRI?

Last edited by WebDozer; 07-11-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
(male)

lewis998 HB User

After the doctor order the X-ray's she order the MRI and I do have pain in my arm and in between the middle of my back and my neck. I was figuring and hoping that I am not that bad off yet. My left arm is a lot weaker too. And is this something that will come in the future ? YET be symptomatic.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
(male)

lewis998 HB User

Here is what is going on having an Anterior Cervical Discectomy

Reply Reply