i'm not too sure about surgery now...
i was called in to have another chest x-ray taken because the radiologist isn't sure of the last ones.
i had the first ones done 3/12 and another one done under the same circumstances (called to go in for it) last thursday (3/20) because she didn't like them...
i asked the techie why i've had 3 done witin this time frame and she said that it's probably becuse of some spots that show up... i saw them too but since she didn't have the previous ones we couldn't compare to see if i was worse or better.
i'm mentally and emotionally preparing myself to not freak out if i get a call tomorrow to cancel surgery.
maybe i can convince them to repeat them friday morning to see if my lungs have cleared up, since my operation is at 1pm...
" In the middle of every ocean of difficulty is an island of opportunity."
Sandra, I hope you are good to go tomorrow. It sure is hard to be all psyched up to get it over with and have to wait. Regardless of what happens, the decision will be made to do what looks like the safer course for you at this time.
BDW, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you as well. Best of luck tomorrow and just keep thinking how close you are to feeling better!
Nancy D-ACDF C6-7 on 6/7/02. Donor bone with no hardware
Sandra & BMW,
Just wanted to say I will be praying for you Friday! Geesh kinda jealous I have to wait until April 22nd!!! I hate it when surgeon tells you how bad your neck is then puts you off seems like eternity!!! Goodluck and hope to hear from you both soon!!