It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 09:06 AM   #1

jenn0421 HB User
Can stress cause dizziness?

I have been super stressed lately and have been feeling dixxy spacy and panicky? Could this be linked to the stress in my life?

Old 11-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Can stress cause dizziness?

yes

do learn how to relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2004, 04:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

I agree. I have this sometimes.

Mudhound

Old 12-08-2004, 09:42 PM   #4
(male)

Patrick428 HB User

When you become stressed, your body goes into a reaction stage to combat these feelings. Your glucose level drops and blood does not travel as qucikly through the body as it must. You may have seen people faint, and it is because of the bodies need to shut down the high level of stress and anxiety. When the person awakens, they generally feel calm and placid. So, when you panic or get edgy, you alter the bodily systems causing them to temporary be out of alignment, thus causing you to become whoosy or dizzy.

I would suggest a hand held massage unit, or find a good book on relaxation.

Patrick
{REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 12-09-2004 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Please don't make any statements about yourself that may add undue weight to your opinion. Please read the posting rules.

Old 12-09-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
(male)

Bigdog Two HB User
Wink Re: Can stress cause dizziness?

Yes. About 2 years ago I had so much dizziness that I actually went to my Dr. He said that if you have dizziness and no accompanying symptoms, its not usually a concern. In talking with me about what was going on with my life he determined that the dizziness was stress induced and that I needed to learn how to cope with it. I began researching stress reduction and how to fix the underlying causes (i.e. how I deal with stress).

Here's what I woudl recommend:

1. Breathing Exercises. Purchase "Breathing" by Dr. Andrew Weil. Its a double CD. Listen to that first and begin doing the exercises. Within a few weeks you can accomplish quite a bit of physical stress reduction.
2. Begin meditating. Purchase "Wherever You Go There You Are" by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. Fantastic life changing book.
3. Consider also reading "The Relaxation Response" by Dr. Herbert Benson - very medical oriented and ground breaking.
4. Read "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman after doing the above.
5. Consider beginning yoga. Take a class. Purchase a DVD to do at home.
6. Consider changing your diet. Read "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

I had other stress related symptoms around the same time (shingles, irritable bowel syndrome, globus sensation). I have been able to kick the stress symptoms and generally get my life in order.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:25 PM   #6
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Absolutely. I was getting dizziness attacks several years ago, where I would stand up and nearly fall down in a dead faint. I saw an ENT who called it "cochlear hydrops", or build-up of fluid in the middle ear. He said there's no cure, and it's often related to stress, but suggested I cut down salt in my diet. Well, I cut down salt and the dizziness went away.

I don't know if that's the cause of your dizziness, but it wouldn't hurt to cut back on salt. Also, please see my post under allergies, "How I got rid of sinus problems". This was a later problem involving my inner ear, not my cochlea, and went on for a long time & scared me to death, but I kicked it.

Closed Thread