It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #1
(male)

wrestler21 HB User
light headed for over a month...someone please help!!

Hey everyone, i am 20 years old and i've tried so many things so i figured this wouldn't hurt. I have been light headed/ dizzy and fatigued for over a month. There are no signs of vertigo althought my DR still gave me medicine for it. My MRI was normal but it showed i had a bad sinus infection and my DR said that could be causing my light headedness even though i showed no symptoms of a sinus infection. So i was prescribed an antiboitic for two weeks. I took it and im still light headed.
My best friend passed away around 9 months ago from hypoplasia of the arteries and was experiencing the same symptoms. There is no detection of this disease so i am extremely paranoid and literally spend ever waking hour stressing over this. I try to forget about it but it just isn't working. Does anyone have any advice at all?? thank you!

Old 01-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Inactive

laurabell HB User
Re: light headed for over a month...someone please help!!

your story sounds familiar. i have been dizzy for a little over 6 months. i have anxiety and i am stresssssed out to the max. i spend every waking hour thinking i have a disease or something. my doc tells me its all in my head because i had every test done for dizziness. i just started efexor xr and i think it is already helping a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #3

Natasha1981 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler21
Hey everyone, i am 20 years old and i've tried so many things so i figured this wouldn't hurt. I have been light headed/ dizzy and fatigued for over a month. There are no signs of vertigo althought my DR still gave me medicine for it. My MRI was normal but it showed i had a bad sinus infection and my DR said that could be causing my light headedness even though i showed no symptoms of a sinus infection. So i was prescribed an antiboitic for two weeks. I took it and im still light headed.
My best friend passed away around 9 months ago from hypoplasia of the arteries and was experiencing the same symptoms. There is no detection of this disease so i am extremely paranoid and literally spend ever waking hour stressing over this. I try to forget about it but it just isn't working. Does anyone have any advice at all?? thank you!
There are many things that can cause dizziness. Big ones are low blood pressure and withdrawal from medication. Also defiencies of certain vitamins and minerals. But the biggest one, by far, is anxiety.

You are not going to die of this. I know how easy it is when you have anxiety to self-diagnose yourself as having some fatal disease, been there, done that. Light-headedness is a major symptom of anxiety. Even if you don't FEEL anxious at the moment, you can still manifest the symptoms of anxiety because of the neurotransmitters in your brain.

Are you undergoing any psychotherapeutic or therapy for your anxiety? Have you gotten any blood work or blood pressure work done?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
(male)

eucherin99 HB User

Its good to hear someone else is having the same problem as me. I have been having very similar symptoms recently. I too, took antibiotics and didnt see much improvement. I had a CAT scan which turned out clear. I'm thinking the anxiety theory is probably correct because I've noticed the most stressful times is when I feel the worst.

I've also noticed I feel worse in the morning and get better in the evening, does that sound familiar?

I'm curious to see if your problems cleared up eventually.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #5
(male)

cainey HB User

being light headed is definitely a symptom of stress, its one i get!

a pharmacist recommended travel sickness meds for short term management of symptoms

my own long term management doesn't involve meds, (i am grateful that it has never reached that stage), i do some of the general stress reduction things; exercise 4 days in 7 for 20 mins, eat well, stay hydrated, meditate (very important, gives your brain the down time it needs), staying involved with hobbies etc. these haven't let me down yet!

IMHO a very important step for anyone with stress is to actively admit that they are stressed and then proactively set about putting reduction strategies in place, the irony is this can be difficult for the stressed person, but there can be no doubt that said strategies are healthy anyway! give it a go

cainey

Old 10-26-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
(female)

bek262 HB User
Smile Re: light headed for over a month...someone please help!!

I think that you need to look into it being anxiety.

[removed]

I suffer from anxiety and at the start I was the same as you! I handle it now but sometimes I need medication to help.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-29-2006 at 12:32 AM. Reason: do not instruct members on how to find websites.

Closed Thread