It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #1

RonnieS500 HB User
bowflex as stress solution???

hey guys, kinda new to the forums here, but im looking for some home gym equipment to knock off some stress when i come back from work and am all streessed. i was wondering if any of you here have a bowflex or know someone who does and what they think. i ehard something also about a new bowflex coming out, called the Bowflex Revolution. Not sure if you guys are familiar with it, i'm not either, but i think its supposed to use technology that astronauts use for outer space.

any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: bowflex as stress solution???

exercise , done in a relaxed way is good for reducing stress
housecleaning is also a good stress reducer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2005, 09:53 PM   #3

tizimare HB User

Any kind of exercise is a stress reducer, particularly cardio. Cardio raises the endorphan level in the brain which brings on a feeling of contentment. You don't even have to spend a dime!....take a 30 minute, BRISK walk. C'mon...out the door with you!

~Mare

Old 10-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
(male)

Perry2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieS500
hey guys, kinda new to the forums here, but im looking for some home gym equipment to knock off some stress when i come back from work and am all streessed. i was wondering if any of you here have a bowflex or know someone who does and what they think. i ehard something also about a new bowflex coming out, called the Bowflex Revolution. Not sure if you guys are familiar with it, i'm not either, but i think its supposed to use technology that astronauts use for outer space.

any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Absolutely. Joining a gym practically saved my life. Tizimare is right though. Walking, or jogging if you are up to it is a lot cheaper than a Bowflex and you can start tonight. Anything that gets your heart rate up for a while and causes you to get hot and sweaty is the perfect way to combat stress. I jog and have done the gym both for 10 years now and it has made a huge difference in my personal and professional lives. Bowflex is portable and easy to switch work stations but resistance training is the same whether it is weights or a machine. Not that you shouldn't consider it because they are not junk but don't get caught up in needing a gadget.
If you opt for a gym you can go for about three years for the price of the Bowflex machine and you will find once you go to the trouble of showing up at the gym it is a little harder to blow off the workout when your TV, kitchen, and couch aren't waiting just a few feet away.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm a dedicated jogger...I go to the gym for weight work but the jogging is what keeps me sane. I only do 2-3 miles 4 times a week but you just can't believe how great it makes you feel. Not to mention the solitude while you are doing it. At the gym the TVs are going and everyone wants to visit...too much distraction for me. I love the solitude of those 20-30 minutes out by myself....I'm so addicted to it that I jogged two miles one week after having my gallbladder out! Yikes!

Closed Thread