It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

threethings HB User
Stress and the immune system - please advise!

I was recently diagnosed with a ureaplasma infection that I didn't not contract sexually. It's making me very very stressed and quite depressed. Reason being, I have a lot of pelvic pain due to this infection which might end up turning out to be PID! I'm very scared and so far the dr has told me to wait and see how I feel in a few days. It always seems like no matter what I do, something awful happens to me. Every time I am happy...something brings me down.

Anyway, I'm so stressed lately that I'm dwelling on the pain. I'm not eating right, or sleeping full nights and it's starting to take a toll on my body. Can anyone suggest some things to keep my immune system up to help against the fallout of stress? Homeopathic, exercise, whatever...I'm looking for any kind of suggestions so my body doesn't get crushed by all of this stress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User
Re: Stress and the immune system - please advise!

whats your diet like?

i'll explain when i get a response

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

threethings HB User

well..as an update...i didn't have PID....and apparently i picked up the ureaplasma from someone coughing on me in the office? anyway...this is even more of a reason why i need to keep my immune system up. lord knows i stress out too much!

my diet currently includes a multi vitamin, acidoph. on occasion, a b complex every couple of days, meats, not enough veges, fruit, tea, a couple of glasses of water a day, some dairy, and some cranberry juice.

any suggestions??

Old 10-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
(male)

Perry2 HB User

Increase your vitamin C intake. Green tea as well, and if at all possible find a way to get a bit more sleep. Any level of fatigue compounds stress and acts directly against your immune system. Tired people get sick easier and stay sick longer. And the exercise of course. Take a walk every day. If you are fit enough jog instead. Whatever it takes to get your heartrate and core tempreture up and keep it up for a while.
I once had a job that was absolutely frying me. I was getting sick all the time and thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. This is what I did to shake the stess off and it worked. Eventually leaving the job helped as well but one step at a time.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User

whew, its hard to give advice without feeling like you are going to say something that will get you into trouble LOL

but what i noticed for me that works is increasing my garlic and honey intake which I do even during the summer for allergies, but even more so during the flu season. I bake fish with garlic, i grill vegies with garlic. I drink a lot of herbal tea with honey. I lower my sugar intake because high levels of sugar in your system weakens your immune system. This is why diabetics are proned to infections.

keeping your liver and intestinal tract as clean as possible aids your immune system since a bulk of your immune system is in your intestinal tract. Eating less meats, and increasing your fruit and veggies intake. Also look into pumpkin seed oils because it rids parasites.

and yes lowering stress makes it much worse. I'm a worry wart but recently i found something that helps me a lot because i tend to have an hormonal embalance. I am drinking lots of tea called Women's Liberty tea for hormonal embalance and not only does it relax me but i sleep much better. That is very important to get enough sleep. I also drink teas with Kava Kava, sparingly because Kava Kava can be dangerous if you ingest too much.

also (LOL, i keep saying also), eat organic foods. these foods now days have too many chemicals and growth hormones.

exercising to sweat out the toxins, crying when needed to release toxins as well.

and keep those hands washed and out of your face . keep disinfectant sprays around you that has specifics for killing viruses as well as bacteria. Whew germs are some nasty little critters, but what makes them worse are people who know they have a virus or infection and come to work coughing and sneezing on everyone else LOL

well i hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM   #6
(female)

threethings HB User

to everybody that has replied so far....these are very very good ideas! i'm very excited that people came up with some good advice. thank you so much. unfortunately i work a ton and get little sleep and have little time to cook. i'm attempting to change my eating habits because it'll be good for my health and pocketbook. i am going to try walking at lunch too. i used to play a lot of sports and i rarely get exercise now because of work. i drink a lot of tea but need to add more herbal teas (i will try liberty). i don't eat as much sugar as i used to. i substitute with splenda. i can't have a lot of sugar because it sends my sugar level up and down too much. i don't drink caffeine either. i need to eat more fish and less beef. i NEED more veges!!! thank you everybody!! if you have any more advice feel free to throw it my way! i'd love to share recipes with people too if anyone is interested. thanks all.

Closed Thread