It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

jbc1980 HB User
Exclamation What to do

I needed to let go of all this stress and frustration I'm holding onto today. Maybe someone could help me out. I had a lil' problem at my new job today. I've been working there for about 4 weeks now, and well I loved working there until today. Every time I ask my boss or the other girl to help me out or to show me something, they seem to get annoyed. I could tell by the tone of their voice. Little questions seem to irritate them. They're always quite, and the other girl always says she's bored. She looks depressed, I guess of working there. Well, the whole point of this is that today I asked a simple question, and my boss after a while, asked me to come to the office. She sat down next to me and asked me what my problem was today, whether it was work related or personal. I didn't really want to tell her. So she kind of offended me and talked down to me, and said, what was my problem that I wasn't catching on as before, that I've asked the same question many times, and that she needs to move on with teaching me other things, which is not true. I feel as though they want to get rid of me, but they can't think up of an excuse. I've never encountered myself with this kind of problem at a work place. This is actually the easiest job I've ever had. I've had hard jobs at hospitals and doctor's offices, and it cannot compare to clerical work. The other girl I went to school with, when we were kids. So at work one day she told me that she tries not to go to that specific mall so that she won't have to see old faces from high school. She avoids going there as much as possible. So I guess she hates that fact that I work with her now. By the way my boss treats everyone pretty mean, and it all depends on her mood. Everyone tries to be on her good side. She tries so hard to be nice. She treats her 8 y/o son pretty mean too. I also think that the girl I work with hates the fact that I went on to college and got my degree. And the reason she knows that is because she asked me. I didn't want to tell her, cause I know some people are sensitive about that subject. My boyfriend and I have goals about preparing for school first, and then a family, so that we won't have to struggle with our children. So she tells me that I'm almost 30 y/o. That I should have children like her. Shes my age. I'm 24 now, I'm not even thinking about turning 30. Then she asked me about my b.f.'s age and I told her that he was turning 28 and then she says that she's never met a 28 y/o man without a kid. He also has a degree, and has other goals like me. We both want children, but now is not the time. So what should I do? Todays Friday, and I have 2 days to think about leaving this job. They pay me very well, and I really need the money. I just never been talked down to. I feel awkard showing up to work on Monday. I wanted to cry so bad. I talked to my b.f. about it, and he thinks I should've told her something about her dirty looks and expressions, and that she should respect me if she wants me to respect her. What do you all think?

Last edited by jbc1980; 03-17-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

Naailah HB User
Re: What to do

I won't leave the job if I were you. That girl is just jealous and whtever she says to you is mean. So my advise is not to pay attention to her and try not to have any personal conversation with her. As for your boss, give her time. In the mean time, try to find another job. Only leave when you find something else. You will encounter people like that in every job you go, it's a matter of trying to adjust. Be strong. !!!

Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
(male)

melvin1 HB User

I'm on 2 weeks stress leave now because stress had beaten me down to the point of a nervous breakdown.The Doctor refered me to a Psychiatrist who I see this comeing Monday and in the meantime I was given a prescription of Valium to take the edge off a bit.My outward problems are concern for my Mother who recently had a stroke,I being the primary care giver for my disabled Wife, and the stress galore dealt out on my job as a Corrections Officer.The Doctors advice were some life changes,that my burdens were much to great and I had to decide what I could lay down and step back from.
As for the Wife,well I'm all she's got so I'm obligated for the duration,as for my Mother well I explained the situation to my older Brother and basically dumped this burden in his lap,and as for the job well I'll either be placed on the almost stress free 3rd shift when the Inmates are asleep or I'll turn in the badge and go home.
As for the inward problems,well I'll let the Psychiatrist figure that one out when I see him on Monday with plans to depart his Office with a prescription in one hand and a note for me to be placed on the 3rd shift in the other hand.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Dear jbc1980,
You are very lucky to have a good paying job. Yes your co-worker is a busy body and you need to be the nicest person in the world. I have worked with someone like that and I won her over by being NICE. When they kick you don't fall down just get up and dust off your feet and say tomorrow's going to be a better day. If nothing changes within a month then start throwing out some resumes....but don't quit your job without having another to go to. I was out of work for some time. Unemployment ran out and I had to borrow money. Don't ever put yourself in that situation. I also prayed for a good job and God gave me a wonderful job with Christian owners and my co-workers are great. Without God I don't know where I would be. He gave me a vision of the place where I was to work at. At every interview I would see if the desk that I would be sitting at was facing an open doorway and if that wasn't the case I knew "This isn't the one." Well, when I interviewed here where I'm at, they showed me the desk that would be mine and I looked....yes, the desk was facing an open doorway where people would come in through and lots of paperwork was expected of me and I also saw that in the vision.....There was lots of papers on this desk and I was smiling. God works in mysterious ways. It will be 10 yrs in Dec. that I've been blessed to work at this great place. Good luck and trust in God. P.S. get a massage and eat lots of chocolate (it helps)

Closed Thread